Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Driver to right side
Layup iron to the tree sticking out on the left...yes laying up on a par 4
wedge on, 2 putt bogey and watch opponent go long of green on a tough hill and blade shot into water

Solid game plan.

I really like this hole. Very tough looking on paper and in real life. Commit to your shot and stay in it. Left can be awful, right is dead.

This would either be a 3W to a mid-long iron in, or driver and aim at the right edge of that last bunker and hope I hit my miss and fade it into the fairway further down. All those trees along the right would have a good chance of coming into play for me.

Hawk: 185 to the pin, all carry
Me: I dont have that shot
Both of us: hmmmmm

The fact we escaped with bogey after that tee shot shows how awesome the game plan was. Genius.

Hawk: 185 to the pin, all carry
Me: I dont have that shot
Both of us: hmmmmm

I have a feeling your cart was full of fun back and forths during your round.

I have a feeling your cart was full of fun back and forths during your round.

Oh it was, that day was easily top 3 of my all time favorite golfing days ever

If I'm having success with driver up to this point this round, hit driver between bunkers and hope for a good one. I want the shortest iron possible into this tough green. If driver is too risky, hitting 1 hybrid and hoping for an long iron shot favoring left side of green. Don't want to go long yet have to have enough to carry water. Again a shorter iron that can land and stick would be a luxury here. Tough hole in all respects.

81038C91-DF55-4F54-94E0-904CA310E16F_zps5z4o81ut.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Difficult hole to come to late in a match. Often a down hill lie to a green protected by water with very little bail out room. Green slopes back to front, left to right as your looking at it from the fairway. Par wins more times than not here.
Avoid the left fw bunker and you're good to go!

Well I finally have finished the bag setup for this. Tried to make sure I gaped everything at a consistent rate and think I did pretty good. Here is what I am going with guys

Driver: J715 Aldila Tour Green 75, at 45"
3wood: J15 Aldila Rip Alpha 70, at 43"
5wood: J15 Aldila Rip Alpha 70, at 42"
3hybrid: J15 Aldila Tour Blue, at standard length
5-PW: DPF, standard length, bent 2 degrees up.
50,56,60 in the black wedge, standard length
Blade putter with steel shaft at 33"

Health. I've been dieting hardcore, switching from crap I used to eat to seriously healthy food. I'm down 13lbs so far, and I'm only getting smaller. It is one of those things that was "yeah, it would be nice to not be such a fat ass" until I got picked and I saw what my teammates were doing. That was the boot in the ass I needed to take it seriously.
That is awesome dave. Keep up the good work, you will be shocked at how much better you feel

In case anybody is curious, here's my club order to Wilson Staff:

Woods:
D200 Dr 10.5*, Elements Chrome, R flex, standard length, standard lie
D200 4W 18*, Elements Chrome, R flex, standard length, standard lie

Hybrids:
D200 4h 22*, Elements Chrome, R flex, standard length, standard lie
D200 5h 25*, Elements Chrome, R flex, standard length, standard lie

Irons:
D200 6i, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie
D200 7i, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie
D200 8i, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie
D200 9i, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie
D200 PW, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie
D200 GW, KBS Tour 90, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie

Wedges:
FG Tour TC 48* trad. sole (48-08), KBS Wedge, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie, frosted finish
FG Tour TC 52* trad. sole (52-06), KBS Wedge, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie, frosted finish
FG Tour TC 56* trad. sole (56-14), KBS Wedge, R flex, +1/2" length, standard lie, frosted finish

Putter:
Infinite Windy City putter, 35" length, standard lie

Love reading the bag setups. Thanks for posting.

I've been heavily procrastinating my bag order. This way, I can "enjoy" the full length of time allowed to over think everything, second guess myself, and generally go insane.

~Rock

I've been heavily procrastinating my bag order. This way, I can "enjoy" the full length of time allowed to over think everything, second guess myself, and generally go insane.

~Rock
Yup me too.

I'm flip flopping on driver shaft and iron set every day. Wherever I'm at when deadline comes will be the way I go.

Yup me too.

I'm flip flopping on driver shaft and iron set every day. Wherever I'm at when deadline comes will be the way I go.
I pretty much know where I'm going. Just some wedge pondering remaining.

On hole 16 I'm hitting driver along the right side. With a solid tee shot I should be able to go for the green in 2. I have no problem with having to lay up and go for an up and down though.

Got my ass handed to me in match play by Mward today. Not even a match. He was on fire and I was playing pretty poorly. He helped me figure out a few things and we worked on strategy and course management. It felt like a step back but I think it was a step forward.

Got my ass handed to me in match play by Mward today. Not even a match. He was on fire and I was playing pretty poorly. He helped me figure out a few things and we worked on strategy and course management. It felt like a step back but I think it was a step forward.

Nah dude step forward. Short game was ridiculous, you bring that to Pawleys Island and you'll be just fine.

Club order has been sent a few small changes

Driver - 715 8.5 Tour Green X-Standard Length

FW Wood - J15 3 wood RIP Alpha 70 X-Standard Length

Hybrid - H2 J15 Tour Green X-Standard Length

Irons - 4-PW Cavity Back
.5 in long C taper S+
1 Degree Flat

Wedges - Black 50,54,58
KBS Wedge shaft .5 long
1 Degree flat

Putters - TD-03 Blade Steel Shaft 34"

Club order has been sent a few small changes

Driver - 715 8.5 Tour Green X-Standard Length

FW Wood - J15 3 wood RIP Alpha 70 X-Standard Length

Hybrid - H2 J15 Tour Green X-Standard Length

Irons - 4-PW Cavity Back
.5 in long C taper S+
1 Degree Flat

Wedges - Black 50,54,58
KBS Wedge shaft .5 long
1 Degree flat

Putters - TD-03 Blade Steel Shaft 34"

NICE!

JM

Hahaha dude! There at 15 other people here that would pay good money for the lesson you got today!

Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Order was finalized and sent in. Here is what will be in my legacy bag. Not much of a change from what I posted earlier.

Driver: J815 (10.5°)
Fujikura Pro 63 Stiff 45"

Fairway: J715 3W (15°)
Adila RIP Alpha 70 Stiff 42.5"

Hybrid: J715 2H (19°)
Adila Tour Blue 85g Stiff 40"

Hybrid: J715 4H (23°)
Adila Tour Blue 85g Stiff 39"

Irons: J15 DF 5-PW (2° upright)
KBS C-Taper Lite X-Stiff 115g (-.25")

Wedges: J15 Black Oxide 50°, 54°, 58° (2° upright)
KBS Black Pearl Wedge Stiff 120g (-.25")

Putter: TD-03 (33.") steel shaft, Standard EVA Grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order was finalized and sent in. Here is what will be in my legacy bag. Not much of a change from what I posted earlier.

Driver: J815 (10.5°)
Fujikura Pro 63 Stiff 45"

Fairway: J715 3W (15°)
Adila RIP Alpha 70 Stiff 42.5"

Hybrid: J715 2H (19°)
Adila Tour Blue 85g Stiff 40"

Hybrid: J715 4H (23°)
Adila Tour Blue 85g Stiff 39"

Irons: J15 DF 5-PW (2° upright)
KBS C-Taper Lite X-Stiff 115g (-.25")

Wedges: J15 Black Oxide 50°, 54°, 58° (2° upright)
KBS Black Pearl Wedge Stiff 120g (-.25")

Putter: TD-03 (33.") steel shaft, Standard EVA Grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet set up dude

Back