New England Members

I heard Red Tail was a dump last year. Butterbrook was jam packed on weekdays because a lot of people who typically played Red Tail migrated over there.

MBurnham did say it was good in the fall.

Also, Red Tail is hosting the MGA Public Links Championship this year, so I would venture to guess that they will have the course in tip top shape.

I think I will buy one.

f08279bafaed9363c2a380c0c5a615d4.jpg

I think thats just a typical open time. My parents live 10 min from Atlantic and still have a bunch of snow on the ground. Plymouth got more snow then the Boston area from what I could see.

I heard Red Tail was a dump last year. Butterbrook was jam packed on weekdays because a lot of people who typically played Red Tail migrated over there.

MBurnham did say it was good in the fall.

Also, Red Tail is hosting the MGA Public Links Championship this year, so I would venture to guess that they will have the course in tip top shape.

I think I will buy one.

I will definitely buy one. I played there the last weekend they were open in the fall and thought it was in good shape.

ya, I read somewhere in there about mono-chromatic blue outfits not allowed.

I picked up the Red Tail groupon as well.

I think thats just a typical open time. My parents live 10 min from Atlantic and still have a bunch of snow on the ground. Plymouth got more snow then the Boston area from what I could see.
This. I was just going to say that. I think it's just the normal hours. All of South Shore down to Plymouth got blasted.

Drove by granite links last night and it's looking promising. I can see grass on most of the Fairways!! Hopefully the weather this week helps

This. I was just going to say that. I think it's just the normal hours. All of South Shore down to Plymouth got blasted.

Drove by granite links last night and it's looking promising. I can see grass on most of the Fairways!! Hopefully the weather this week helps

Good to hear; Presidents looks somewhat green in spots from the red line this morning on my way into work. I'll be at SSCC in the simulator tonight, so I should have an idea of when they plan on opening too. Knowing them and the forecast, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4/3 or so.

Good to hear; Presidents looks somewhat green in spots from the red line this morning on my way into work. I'll be at SSCC in the simulator tonight, so I should have an idea of when they plan on opening too. Knowing them and the forecast, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 4/3 or so.

Didn't play President's last year, but I like the layout, I need to play it this year.

Keep me posted on SSCC, not too far from my work and it's a nice easy drive from where I live so if that opens earlier I would love to get down there.

Ya SSCC always seems to open up early. Even if there some snow on the ground still. I'd be down for a round there as well.

How's the simulator there? And what do they charge if you don't mind me asking?

Didn't play President's last year, but I like the layout, I need to play it this year.

Keep me posted on SSCC, not too far from my work and it's a nice easy drive from where I live so if that opens earlier I would love to get down there.

Will do; my guess is if they do open up next week is to expect temp greens on hole #'s 3, 4, 13 and possibly changing 14 to the old course routing as a par 3 which makes 15 a long par 4. 14 fairway will be very wet for awhile.

How's the simulator there? And what do they charge if you don't mind me asking?

$35 off peak, $40 peak for an hour. I think it usually takes 2 hours for a four ball to play. They have three aboutGolf simulators and a bar at the tour; it's a pretty popular spot all winter. You'll need to call on Wednesday or Thursday for a weekend time slot as it fills up quickly. I like it, it helps me keep my "swing" in shape.

http://www.hingham-ma.gov/sscc/simulator.html

Hawthorne in Dartmouth is looking almost completely cleared out, save for a few spots

d2c51cd257bf55522193b91b3494d0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do; my guess is if they do open up next week is to expect temp greens on hole #'s 3, 4, 13 and possibly changing 14 to the old course routing as a par 3 which makes 15 a long par 4. 14 fairway will be very wet for awhile.

Definitely let us know about when South Shore intends to open. FWIW, they could drop a bomb on hole 14 there and I wouldn't be sad, I never play that hole well, that tee shot is tough for me.

i played newport national today. the course is not bad or terribly wet but it is yet to be in fighting shape. the greens are open unlike montaup. pushing the cart trough the snow on some of the paths was a first. It may be really wet after tomorrows rain.

i played newport national today. the course is not bad or terribly wet but it is yet to be in fighting shape. the greens are open unlike montaup. pushing the cart trough the snow on some of the paths was a first. It may be really wet after tomorrows rain.

So jealous. Baseball has started so my golf is pushed back some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely let us know about when South Shore intends to open. FWIW, they could drop a bomb on hole 14 there and I wouldn't be sad, I never play that hole well, that tee shot is tough for me.

It's the easiest and hardest hole on the course, if you know what I mean. That opening looks tighter than it is and missing the fairway either side is dead. Green is big and fairway is fairly flat. It drives me nuts

Talking to the staff tonight they did not have an eta, but I was told most of the greens have been cleared so maybe we won't see any temps when it opens. I'd say there is a foot or so of snowpack left that is currently getting rained on all night and it's going to be warm tomorrow. I'm optimistic

I didn't think Montaup was letting anyone out yet because of the snow cover?? I haven't seen anyone out Theresa I drove by.

I guess this could be classified as good news. From Pinehills' Twitter account:

I didn't think Montaup was letting anyone out yet because of the snow cover?? I haven't seen anyone out Theresa I drove by.

yeah, players were out yesterday, temporary greens. i hit the practice area yesterday also. i can;t wait until they vacuum the goose turds!

First round of the year booked! Newport national at 10 next week

yeah, players were out yesterday, temporary greens. i hit the practice area yesterday also. i can;t wait until they vacuum the goose turds!

Goose poop is atrocious there! Are you a member there?

Back