The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
At dmv to renew license. I'll be here a while. Life just keeps getting better and better recently

I still have to exchange my GA license for a TX license, my wife did it and it took 4 frieking hours. I'd almost rather have a tooth pulled!

Yeah,
Sick of medical issues and the red tape, delays, billing issues etc....

Out of plan surgeon has opening, but I'd have to pay out of pocket then file separately under my insurance and pay 3x deductible....
The surgeon in plan only does this surgery every 3 weeks, because other surgeries make him more money....
It's cool... I can wait. Again.

do you think its being bred more in today's society? seems like anyone who disagrees with anything is called out and even sometimes called some serious names to stop debate. In the past it was ok to have a different opinion and encouraged debate where today it seems no one wants to have a discussion on topics and head straight for the name calling.
I do. I think in general people are more sensitive. Many people that think they don't do it are also guilty of it including myself at times. People need to step back more and really think about things. What you may think is not what everyone else always thinks. Also if someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are attacking you as a person or dislike you as a person it really just means they have a different opinion.

Many people lose sight of things and think what they believe can be the only right thing. Unless it is a known fact what you believe is not the only way of thinking. Everyone should be accepting of that however most are not. It can be as simple as throwing a little zinger in to get your point across it is still not needed and makes the other person feel like crap.

It is one thing to have a discussion but is an entirely different thing to force your opinion on someone.

I do. I think in general people are more sensitive. Many people that think they don't do it are also guilty of it including myself at times. People need to step back more and really think about things. What you may think is not what everyone else always thinks. Also if someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are attacking you as a person or dislike you as a person it really just means they have a different opinion.

Many people lose sight of things and think what they believe can be the only right thing. Unless it is a known fact what you believe is not the only way of thinking. Everyone should be accepting of that however most are not. It can be as simple as throwing a little zinger in to get your point across it is still not needed and makes the other person feel like crap.

It is one thing to have a discussion but is an entirely different thing to force your opinion on someone.

totally agree...have seen way to many times people shut down debate when others don't agree with their opinion and think because some celebrity or politician thinks that way it has to be right. Love when people present an argument based solely on personal opinion and have no facts to support and continue to debate when given facts to contradict.

Society has has become very sensationalized and we are forced to think or believe certain things are acceptable and if you disagree then you are somehow anti whatever. It doesn't help when those who don't know what they really believe in or haven't found themselves see politicians or media members calling the other side some name or that their way of thinking is wrong. People want to fit on and will do things they normally wouldn't to do so.

Doing that online here in Florida is the best innovation the US has seen in years.

How do you do that when you have to have a picture taken?

You can renew online, but have to come one for the photo, which is what everyone is doing. The whole thing should be online though.

OK that answers that question. How do you do the eye test?

And don't you still have the line to take a photo? Guess I am lucky here in Smallville. Last time I went through the line to do the eye test (and "written" test, which we don't do anymore I hear) and then straight to the photo in all of 15 minutes.

How do you do that when you have to have a picture taken?
Old photo, only require a new photo like every third time or something like that.

I could use a new photo, I look unbelievably pissed off in my photo. But the only reason I'm that mad is because of how awful the dmv is, so I will probably stick with my pissed off photo.

I still have to exchange my GA license for a TX license, my wife did it and it took 4 frieking hours. I'd almost rather have a tooth pulled!

Same thing here. My wife breezed through it but I had to go back 3 dang times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes life is good. Sometimes life is bad. Seems like when it's good it goes by so fast and when it's bad the days never end

Sometimes life is good. Sometimes life is bad. Seems like when it's good it goes by so fast and when it's bad the days never end
Ur telling me...good day gone bad thanks to some news about my sick grandfather. Not good at all gotta head down Saturday to visit

Ur telling me...good day gone bad thanks to some news about my sick grandfather. Not good at all gotta head down Saturday to visit

Damn man that sucks. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hope he recovers

Damn man that sucks. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hope he recovers
Yeah its be sadly been bad for last 5 weeks but hearings it's gotten worse the Last few days which blows

OK that answers that question. How do you do the eye test?

And don't you still have the line to take a photo? Guess I am lucky here in Smallville. Last time I went through the line to do the eye test (and "written" test, which we don't do anymore I hear) and then straight to the photo in all of 15 minutes.

Good question about the eye test; I'm not sure. They may have done away with it or changed it. The line I was in was just for the photo. Even though it should only take 3 minutes, there were a ton of people and some took forever. It turned out to be ok. When one lane opened or the waiting numbers turned to another set, everyone cheered.

Sorry to hear Mike. Thoughts and prayers out to him and your family.

Dam rain at the moment, im trying to stake out some posts to run string lines to set up for our deck we are building.

Tapatalk. You might get notifications, you might not.

People not knowing how to do the job they have. Ignorance is not an excuse!

Sounds like the good beginnings of a country music song...

Cant seem to stay awake today. Rough night sleep thanks to my allergies, and now struggling to keep from falling asleep at my desk. Argh!

Cant seem to stay awake today. Rough night sleep thanks to my allergies, and now struggling to keep from falling asleep at my desk. Argh!
I'm with you on that one. I just told my co-worker I have no idea why I'm so damn tired today.

I know I didn't grow up with it and all, but I wonder about the young adults of today that simply can't put their phones away. I see it at every intersection, and at every restaurant, and most everywhere I go. I have a co-worker (trainee) that is a fine young man, good learner and worker (when he can focus, which isn't often). I could put my hand on a bible and swear he has his phone in his hand with his eyes on it a minimum of 6 hours out of an 8 hour workday. Please, young folks, put the dang things down and pay attention to the world around you, not the one in your hand.

I checked the trap this morning and I can see an armadillo in there. I called and the guy is going to come and pick up this one and set another trap.

I hope he comes soon, he's just sitting there staring at me, and I don't like it. I can't see his whole body, but he honestly looks more like a opossum then a armadillo, but I can only see his eyes and a part of his nose. The cage is set between my house and some hedges so it's pretty blocked, but I can definitely see a face. I went back to check again to confirm.

The guy just came and took the opossum, it was just a little guy too. Set a new trap and had to set a second trap because they burrowed their way out on the other side of the AC since the opossum was blocking it's original hole. These suckers are crafty!

I asked how we caught an opossum and the guy said, and I quote "because they are stupid". I like him.

Any armadillo updates?

Mob/group mentality.

Every day event in all aspects of life now, even internet forums are not immune anymore..

Any armadillo updates?

I swear I look forward to the Armadillo reports lol, I'm starting to root for the little fella, I might start calling him Al Capone.

j/k GG, I know it's tearing up your yard but the slippery little critter is smart.

I'm no gg, but we have had an armadillo show up recently. My dog got into it with it yesterday, I'm not really sure who won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back