Piretti Putters Thread

You might want to check eBay again dude. Looks like there are approx. 50-60 putters for sale on there as of this morning at prices that I'd say are pretty typical for the brand.

As for Stenson, he's a Callaway staffer so I'm not shocked that he switched to his current Odyssey #7. And, just because he switched putters doesn't mean that Piretti is suddenly going under. Piretti is a boutique putter brand just like SeeMore and many others. SeeMore currently only has one guy on tour using one of their putters - Zach Johnson. At the end of the day these brands aren't going to offer major staff deals like Callaway/Odyssey, Taylormade, etc. that all have a full complement of clubs (including putters) for tour players. The smaller guys serve a niche in the market and rely on quality, customer service and word-of-mouth/grassroots marketing to get their names out there.

I think Piretti is going to be just fine.

Well my last experience was NOT a good one in that area, and I had bought 3 putters from them at one point. IMO, they lost sight of some things.

That's disappointing, especially because of the level of service from SeeMore and many of the other niche players. I bought mine used so I can't personally speak to their customer service. Not what you'd hope for from one of these shops, nor is it something that will help their brand in the long run.

I sold all of mine off and haven't looked back, I don't have time for spotty CS. Hopefully they have gotten better there.

After I get fit, I'm seriously pondering picking up a Piretti. The Forza and Matera really catch my eye, but they're all gorgeous. Just need to figure out my specs and what head style/toe hang I really ought to be playing first. I want to know that what I'm looking down at is the right fit for me, and I also want to love the look.

Regarding poor CS...what went wrong? And has anybody else experienced poor CS? I just wonder if it was an isolated incident or indicative of a trend and maybe I should be looking elsewhere.

Played my first round with my Piretti today and I really love rolling this thing.
The look at address is pretty much perfect and a really welcome change of pace from my clunker GoLo. I thought I would struggle severely switching to a blade from a mallet but if today was any indication that won't be an issue.
e70ffa266a43505deb0b82ecb5ebbc51.jpg

8863b2c2be74eb0fec47ead192fa5827.jpg

7f6a7a64350b3678e8ee3c6279d829e7.jpg

Played my first round with my Piretti today and I really love rolling this thing.
The look at address is pretty much perfect and a really welcome change of pace from my clunker GoLo. I thought I would struggle severely switching to a blade from a mallet but if today was any indication that won't be an issue.

Glad your maiden voyage went well!

Curt that thing is a work of art, and the best feeling putter I've ever rolled (even if I only rolled it once). I'm all but sold on a Piretti now, just have to get fitted for length/lie and figured out a headshape.

ArmyGolf that is a sick putter. Love it.

I have discovered the Piretti Demo and Used section, and the ponders are now in overdrive. The Cottonwood and Matera headshapes call to me...I know I need to be patient and get fitted first though.

I have discovered the Piretti Demo and Used section, and the ponders are now in overdrive. The Cottonwood and Matera headshapes call to me...I know I need to be patient and get fitted first though.
You know, you really could have kept that portion of their site to yourself. Of course now we are expecting in-hand pictures of both. :alien:

Everything about this putter is awesome. The raised bumpers, the flow neck, and the finish.

LOVE IT!

The way Wardy was rolling his Piretti on Saturday, I considered stealing it.

The way Wardy was rolling his Piretti on Saturday, I considered stealing it.

I do love that putter. It's just pretty.

You know, you really could have kept that portion of their site to yourself. Of course now we are expecting in-hand pictures of both. :alien:
Haha I don't know about both, but one would be nice :D

And yeah...I've almost cursed myself for finding it! My wallet surely will not be pleased!

Everything about this putter is awesome. The raised bumpers, the flow neck, and the finish.

LOVE IT!
Thanks! I am absolutely smitten with this putter and I am rolling balls all over the house. Easily my favorite piece of golf equipment that I own.

The Matera is one that I thought long and hard about as the overall shape is really great, but I just didn't love the rounded design on the flange. The Potenza EXT is SICK and if I had more money laying around I'd grab it.

Piretti putters have been on the wish list for awhile now. Huge fan of the Potenza II.

The Matera is one that I thought long and hard about as the overall shape is really great, but I just didn't love the rounded design on the flange. The Potenza EXT is SICK and if I had more money laying around I'd grab it.
That's the one thing I need to ponder, but the idea of mallet-y MOI in a blade like shape entices me. The Potenza is indeed sexy, I'm just not sure if there's enough meat on the bones for me though haha. Cottonwood is a similar look with a little longer flange, which makes me a little more confident.

I had a really good round today with the Piretti and drained a few 8-12 footers to save pars.
I don't know what it is but the feel is superb and it makes distance control really easy...I lagged a few from 50+ feet today to tap in range.

This beauty is such a pleasure to putt with.

Back home after being stamped and refinished. Just perfect.
28978dc9652abaa3eca2cf8d7e33f742.jpg

Picked up a Cottonwood II to add to the rotation and replace the Scameron Newport I sold a while back.
This one is nothing special but it looks and feels really nice, and puts a great roll on the ball. The wider flange is a really confidence inspiring tweak to the Anser design.
24e93b44c02771c61a45dfb6b17f4b57.jpg

a7976488ee6fe5ee3aedc08a8319cfbb.jpg

9a9e53e447dd40cf04368f8a9d6d2376.jpg

It may be nothing "special", but it sure is a looker nonetheless. Great pickup!

As internet golfer as this is going to sound there is actually a pretty big difference in feel and sound between my carbon Potenza and my stainless Cottonwood. Most of it is probably the head shape differences but I think the metal plays a small role there too.

The Potenza has this really solid, soft, deep feel and sound to it and the Cottonwood has a much more audible and higher pitched tone to it. As far as I'm aware they both share the same deep milling pattern. Obviously all this feel/sound talk is 100% subjective but it took me by surprise a bit.
The Potenza is like a softer feeling GoLo and the Cottonwood is unlike any putter I've rolled before.

As internet golfer as this is going to sound there is actually a pretty big difference in feel and sound between my carbon Potenza and my stainless Cottonwood. Most of it is probably the head shape differences but I think the metal plays a small role there too.

The Potenza has this really solid, soft, deep feel and sound to it and the Cottonwood has a much more audible and higher pitched tone to it. As far as I'm aware they both share the same deep milling pattern. Obviously all this feel/sound talk is 100% subjective but it took me by surprise a bit.
The Potenza is like a softer feeling GoLo and the Cottonwood is unlike any putter I've rolled before.
Stainless will almost always put off a more firm or sharp sound while the carbon is more dense in its traits which lowers the audible sound at impact and makes it feel 'softer'.

You aren't crazy, its how putters and their materials work. Also, the difference in stainless and carbon within the Piretti putters is one of the larger ones having owned a few of both.

Stainless will almost always put off a more firm or sharp sound while the carbon is more dense in its traits which lowers the audible sound at impact and makes it feel 'softer'.

You aren't crazy, its how putters and their materials work. Also, the difference in stainless and carbon within the Piretti putters is one of the larger ones having owned a few of both.

It's nice to hear I'm not imagining things because the difference was a lot more noticeable than I would have predicted.

As far as the stainless Cottonwood II goes it's definitely not as soft feeling as a deep milled stainless Scameron. Note, it doesn't feel worse, it just doesn't feel as soft. I wonder if this is due to the different design with the wider flange or if it has more to do with how the putters/metals are made. Or maybe I'm just crazy after all haha.

How does the Kenny Giannini feel/sound compare in your experience Jman?

Yea, nothing internet golfer about using your ears imo.

Back