Putter length, how many actually check and not buy a standard 35 inch?

cjroman

Club Hoing Ain't Easy
Reaction score
Handicap
Feelings
I've been doing a lot of experimenting this winter and I have been using a putter that is to long for me. I've always rolled a standard 35 inch, but now I realize I do much better with a 33 or 33 1/2.

Many threads on this but you are exactly right. Very few golfers have been through a proper putter fitting and most play a putter that is too long. THPer's are not most golfers and I think quite a few here have been fit. I'm almost 6' tall and I play a 33.5" putter.

I'm only 5'10" so I've always used 34 inch or less. I did a putter fitting some time ago, and found that 33 1/2 is best for me.

I always check and get it cut to 33 inches.

I used to just buy 35 but in the last year I've learned that 33" or 34" works much better for me. I'm going to have a putter fitting (along with the rest of my bag) next week that will take all future doubt in this area to zero. And then I plan on buying a putter I really love and sticking with it.

After two putter fittings, I now play 34" putters. I used to always get a 35" putter. I still practice sometimes with a 35", but I will not game a 35" any more.

Haven't bought a 35" putter in probably 10 years which is about the last time I bought a putter from a store. If I buy new from the OEM, it is ordered at 33.75". If I buy new or used off Ebay or another source, it is 34" and I cut .25" off when it gets to me.

Mine is 37 inches and feels right for 6' 2" arse

I buy 35 and choke down to where I'm supposed to be around 34". Just like a hint of extra weight above my hands.

I had a fitting from my pro who uses the SeeMore method for putting. Best decision I ever made for my game. I learned that I actually need a longer putter than most. I think my counter balanced putter is 39 or 40" which means with a standard putter I am around 36 to 37".

I had a fitting from my pro who uses the SeeMore method for putting. Best decision I ever made for my game. I learned that I actually need a longer putter than most. I think my counter balanced putter is 39 or 40" which means with a standard putter I am around 36 to 37".
How tall are you? Just curious...

Last year at the SeeMore headquarters I was fit with a 37 1/4" putter, I am 6' 4" and that feels short to me. I was playing a 39" putter before being fit.

I have always played 33-34" and did the online fitting with SeeMore I should play a 33

I usually like to have a 34 and choke up a tiny bit, otherwise 33 works great and 33.5 is near perfect. I've been fit for putters but it was a "fitting" that I didn't put much stock in.

I got fit in 2001 at Griffith Park in Los Angeles, CA. It was awesome. The pro had me roll a few and said, "yep, you are a 35." Hey, that was a hi-tech fitting way back in the day.

I have been fit. I only buy putters that have been fit.

I was fit at 34 1/2. Usually buy 35" and I'm good

Fit to 37" but enjoy playing a 38" putter with my hands an inch down on the grip.

Is 35" considered standard? I play 35 and always have to dig through all the 34" to find a 35. I have been gripping a bit lower the past year so more grip is showing above my hands than below.

I was fitted by a SeeMore professional last year at 34.5 inches. Prior to that I was playing 34 inches. So, not much of a difference. I'm 5'11".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is 35" considered standard? I play 35 and always have to dig through all the 34" to find a 35. I have been gripping a bit lower the past year so more grip is showing above my hands than below.
At least around here, 34" is very common off the rack. 35" is less common but available. When I bought my original White Hot Rossie putter in 2001 you could pick from 34" and 34" off the rack (at least around me).

33-32.5 is where I feel comfortable. 33 you can find but its not that easy

I have to have at least 35" for my putters, I have tried shorter but have a tendency to get wristy with them.

Have a 33", tried to buy a backup on ebay. Guy lied and said 33", but was 34". I wouldn't consider this a solid backup, would rather he sent a 32" to try. I'm 5'10".

Back