Android Phone Thread

The G3 is my top runner at the moment, i looked at the one plus one but it doesnt support the LTE bands where i live, but the G3 does.

The G3 is my top runner at the moment, i looked at the one plus one but it doesnt support the LTE bands where i live, but the G3 does.

I looked into the OPO also and for the specs and cost it was a top contender for me. The couple things that keep pushing it down was all the talk on their forum about touchscreen issues and how OP didn't really seem to be trying to correct the issue. Also all the hoops you had to go through for a return, had to let a tech remote access your pc with the phone attached so they could try to fix it and also some said OP make them submit a video showing the issue and then the return might start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been very solid for me. The one little regret is the screen is not quite as large as I thought it'd be. I ordered online so ididnt have it in hand.

Its still much larger than my previous iPhone 4S, but not as large as some of the newest modes like iPhone 6plus or Note4 which were other ones I was looking at. But for the price it's very good.

It's been very solid for me. The one little regret is the screen is not quite as large as I thought it'd be. I ordered online so ididnt have it in hand.

Its still much larger than my previous iPhone 4S, but not as large as some of the newest modes like iPhone 6plus or Note4 which were other ones I was looking at. But for the price it's very good.
Screen size is the exact same size as iPhone 6. . 2'' smaller than note

Screen size is the exact same size as iPhone 6. . 2'' smaller than note
interesting, you know that's what I thought when I compared the specs online.

I haven't gone into a store to compare them one on one. But having seen a few 6's and Notes this past week. it seems noticeably smaller.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I checked out the Nexus, it seems like a solid phone. I really do like the Note tho so i think i may just wait for the Note 5 next month and upgrade to that. Its just hard to get away from Samsung because my s4 has been so good to me

I checked out the Nexus, it seems like a solid phone. I really do like the Note tho so i think i may just wait for the Note 5 next month and upgrade to that. Its just hard to get away from Samsung because my s4 has been so good to me
I came from the s4 also and use the note 4 regularly, I prefer the Nexus by quite a bit. I'm sure the note 5 will be a killer phone with ridiculous specs.

To anyone that has had a G4 and G3 is the G4 much better and worth the upgrade?

Thanks

To anyone that has had a G4 and G3 is the G4 much better and worth the upgrade?

Thanks
I don't have either phone. But my opinion on this topic is always that at first the difference won't be that noticeable, but as technology advances the older phone will age much faster. It will become frustratingly slow sooner than the newer.

I came from the s4 also and use the note 4 regularly, I prefer the Nexus by quite a bit. I'm sure the note 5 will be a killer phone with ridiculous specs.
Dammit now I'm 2nd guessing haha

Dammit now I'm 2nd guessing haha
I'd wait for the note 5 then play with both. The note 5 will probably be killer, it's nearly a year newer.

I have the Nexus 6 also and have been nothing but pleased in every way. I had an S4 also and while it was a great phone Samsung was doing them no favors with TouchWiz, I know that people have said it is better in the S6 but from what I have from people who have those devices it is still too much of a presence for me. That is why I went stock Android and Nexus.

I have the Nexus 6 also and have been nothing but pleased in every way. I had an S4 also and while it was a great phone Samsung was doing them no favors with TouchWiz, I know that people have said it is better in the S6 but from what I have from people who have those devices it is still too much of a presence for me. That is why I went stock Android and Nexus.
Idk i guess I'll have to go round 2 with them next month and just see. Touchwiz is just the stock launcher or interface right? Sorry if thats a stupid question haha i use NovaLauncher and dont have anything that irks me.

Idk i guess I'll have to go round 2 with them next month and just see. Touchwiz is just the stock launcher or interface right? Sorry if thats a stupid question haha i use NovaLauncher and dont have anything that irks me.

Yeah, TouchWiz is the Samsung skin that they put on top of stock Android. It also is the messaging app, music, movies etc. basically anything that you see related to the Samsung Hub is part of TouchWiz. For me I was sick of having apps on my device that I could get rid of just a small thing in the grand scheme but what can ya do.

Yeah, TouchWiz is the Samsung skin that they put on top of stock Android. It also is the messaging app, music, movies etc. basically anything that you see related to the Samsung Hub is part of TouchWiz. For me I was sick of having apps on my device that I could get rid of just a small thing in the grand scheme but what can ya do.
Ah ok gotcha, thats what i thought. Yeah ive disabled a million things but some are still there and some arent reallllly disabled hahaha the Samsung bloat is pretty annoying but i suppose i could just root if i really wanted to remove it. Overall i mean even with that extra stuff my phone just runs smooth and that's what's making me fear branching out again. I know we discussed how much better Moto is these days but holy hell my old phones couldnt even do essential phone tasks anymorw and it tipped me over the edge lol. I am open minded tho so ill just have to go play around.

For some reason today I started thinking about getting the LG G4. I have the S5 now and doesnt seem like there are huge differences but just kind of want something new.

Applied latest update for Note 4 (VZW) and either I've used my phone more than normal the last two days or that update is sucking battery big time....

Anyone seeing similar?
I know it put some crap on there and I removed it, so thought it could suck out some battery life as well.

Applied latest update for Note 4 (VZW) and either I've used my phone more than normal the last two days or that update is sucking battery big time....

Anyone seeing similar?
I know it put some crap on there and I removed it, so thought it could suck out some battery life as well.
Not sure what version the note 4 has now, but 5.1.1 hasn't had any noticeable effect on battery life of my Nexus 6

Not sure what version the note 4 has now, but 5.1.1 hasn't had any noticeable effect on battery life of my Nexus 6

I can't imagine that the Note 4 is running more than 5.0.2, since that's what the S6 is running.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I don't use my phone that much, especially data. Never even use 1GB. So I got the older LG G3. So far I like it.

Not sure if it's my update (still 5.0.1 but VZW called it "24B" ) or the new Tapatalk, but my phone is way better than before. Tapatalk actually works and loads pages again...

Phone still gets super hot if not in perfect service and drains battery looking for service if in 3g areas

I don't use my phone that much, especially data. Never even use 1GB. So I got the older LG G3. So far I like it.

I use a bit more data than that usually around 2 or 3 gig. So far my G3*has done everything I needed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I can't imagine that the Note 4 is running more than 5.0.2, since that's what the S6 is running.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

yeah, it's 5.0.1

i'm going to lean towards coincidence here. much better today.
gonna go with usage and non-service areas combination from Monday and Tuesday.

yeah, it's 5.0.1

i'm going to lean towards coincidence here. much better today.
gonna go with usage and non-service areas combination from Monday and Tuesday.
Alot of people complained that the update killed during battery, a factory reset seemed to be the best route to correct it.

Back