2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Keep the wind down and I'll game a set of Altitudes with R flex Miyazaki C.Kua's any day of the week.

...but I won't take my M7 on the greens. Give me something different like a Cure and I won't spend too much time being bothered by the Poa/fescue. Who's caddying and who's live updating my Tiger-esque score?!

I'll caddy for you, brother. And knock out every clown that yells "mashed potatoes". :alien:

I bet if someone started a poll " should tiger retire", I'm thinking it might be unanimous now.

Is it too early to start a "Countdown to Champions Tour" clock?

The U.S. open is one place I don't want to see them go low. I like that it usually is a dogfight to stay under par. Not every week has to be -15 to win.

Yeah dude, I have zero issues with golfers struggling on an incredible test, I just don't think something like bumpy greens is a fair way to make a course difficult. I'd compare that 'added' difficulty with not bothering to cut the fairway for a few weeks and letting them at a course full of rough, or never raking the bunkers and leaving them loaded with footprints and drainage lines.

He needed that to get back into the 70's.

#anonimityofinternet

Understood......

JM
Definitely like to see him stick it out. Im sure its not easy to suck this bad right now. Honestly i dont wish a shart upon anybody

I think the only reasonable solution is to have a THP Open at Chambers Bay (sponsored by Cobra of course - Thanks for the great prize offerings, friends!).

Speith with the much needed par putt there

It is surprising that with the boatload of money Fox paid the USGA recently that the greens were allowed to get to this condition in the months leading up to the event. Has to have been a way to eradicate the Poa......or if its always a problem, go to Poa greens all the time like Pebble Beach. (speaking of which, the Poa greens at Pebble get bumpy in the afternoons too)

Definitely like to see him stick it out. Im sure its not easy to suck this bad right now. Honestly i dont wish a shart upon anybody

WE old coots certainly don't, #KarmaIsABeyotch

Are they playing at the Dead Marshes of Mordor?

Keep the wind down and I'll game a set of Altitudes with R flex Miyazaki C.Kua's any day of the week.

...but I won't take my M7 on the greens. Give me something different like a Cure and I won't spend too much time being bothered by the Poa/fescue. Who's caddying and who's live updating my Tiger-esque score?!

I'm on the bag

What will be interesting is to see what happens tomorrow. Someone on the golf channel said to watch out for players going low in the afternoon today.

you can play like doody at THP event and still have fun. I don't think Tiger is having fun right now

Problem is, when he was beating everyone he acted like he wasn't having fun either and still treated a people like crap. I feel for the guy, but he chose his path in life and in golf. He can do better, WD'ing is not the answer.

JM

It is surprising that with the boatload of money Fox paid the USGA recently that the greens were allowed to get to this condition in the months leading up to the event. Has to have been a way to eradicate the Poa......or if its always a problem, go to Poa greens all the time like Pebble Beach. (speaking of which, the Poa greens at Pebble get bumpy in the afternoons too)

I don't think I've ever remembered Pebble (or Torrey for that matter) ever get out of hand like this. Sure they get bumpier in the afternoon, but it seems more under control

I think the only reasonable solution is to have a THP Open at Chambers Bay (sponsored by Cobra of course - Thanks for the great prize offerings, friends!).
Now we're talking!

Only 10 guys from the afternoon wave are under par now. -3 is the best score for that bunch.

I don't think I've ever remembered Pebble (or Torrey for that matter) ever get out of hand like this. Sure they get bumpier in the afternoon, but it seems more under control

It'd also probably help if we were there to assess directly. I suppose the problem with viewing coverage of what APPEAR to be atrocious greens probably doesn't help the pessimism associated with green quality opinion from an armchair groundskeeper.

I'd pay good money to watch Canadan play Chambers Bay with a set of SGI clubs with regular flex shafts and a guy in his group yelling mashed potatoes after every shot.

This made me spit Vodka on my IPad! Thanks ya jerk!

JM

All one grass. There are 3 grasses on these greens, which in my mind seems to compound the problem.

I agree with Tiger not WDing. Keep grinding, suck it up. Maybe it gets better, maybe it won't, but it's like Maverick after Goose died; "get him up there again as soon as possible."

It'd also probably help if we were there to assess directly. I suppose the problem with viewing coverage of what APPEAR to be atrocious greens probably doesn't help the pessimism associated with green quality opinion from an armchair groundskeeper.

I agree, but based on what others have said and some pictures you can find on the net, these greens look neglected.

Back