Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

I really love mine, the consistency is just there. That is huge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been scouring the forums here, and elsewhere, trying to find a set of used ones. Can't muster the nut for a new set. Saw a used set at Golfsmith today and thought I struck gold, but they were beat up...

I've been scouring the forums here, and elsewhere, trying to find a set of used ones. Can't muster the nut for a new set. Saw a used set at Golfsmith today and thought I struck gold, but they were beat up...

I got mine off the preoowned, Every once in a while they give 25-30% off. I picked mine up then.

I got mine off the preoowned, Every once in a while they give 25-30% off. I picked mine up then.

This is the best way to go IMO. Very good conditioned on pre-owned is basically new

This is the best way to go IMO. Very good conditioned on pre-owned is basically new

Mine looked almost brand new, possible 10 rounds by the looks of them. I picked up "average" and they are good to go

I haven't had mine very long, but I haven't hit a shot with them yet that didn't make me smile. The feeling, control and the combo of the forged head and Recoil shafts are perfection.

Whoa! Was just looking at the Callaway Preowned website... Looks like you can puchase single irons... Hellooooooo Combo set! :) Have a set of DG X100 shafts needing some new shoes!

Whoa! Was just looking at the Callaway Preowned website... Looks like you can puchase single irons... Hellooooooo Combo set! :) Have a set of DG X100 shafts needing some new shoes!

You won't regret it!

I haven't had mine very long, but I haven't hit a shot with them yet that didn't make me smile. The feeling, control and the combo of the forged head and Recoil shafts are perfection.
Yours might have a little bit of magic in them, huh?

Has anyone played these with X100, 6.5 or 7.0's in them?

I picked these up in December and just started getting back to playing since total knee replacement and thus a several month lay-off. Plus, it has been pretty chilly and just about every round has been played wearing several layers of clothing. Despite the cold, the lay-off, the getting used to new clubs I have hit enough good shots to say these are some of the best irons I have ever hit.

Struck the ball well today. Apparently my February swing is better than my October! Still love the feel and look of the apex. Also the bottom groove forgiveness is no joke!

Struck the ball well today. Apparently my February swing is better than my October! Still love the feel and look of the apex. Also the bottom groove forgiveness is no joke!
Yeah if you're a fan of missing long and straight hahaha.

I think you're crazy for looking at any other set.

I got mine from the original Ultimate Club Testing in 2013, and I have no plans of changing to anything else. I love trying new stuff, but these aren't going anywhere.

Just to push a few buttons, just wondering if those using he apex, still have the same love!
Still love these things. Been hunting for a 4-iron with a matching shaft for awhile. Overall I have more confidence standing over these than anything else in my bag. Still love the look, sound, and feel of the Apex irons. I still think they might be the best intersection of player-esque looks and game improvement forgiveness of any irons out there. Just my opinion.

I still love mine, going on a year, consistent good feel, still look new,

Same opinion as most on here. Still love my apexs and don't plan on changing anytime soon. The feel and forgiveness is second to none. I truely feel they are the perfect combination of players/game improvement iron. Anyone can play these.

I put some DG S400 in mine, finally, as my fitting requested, and I can't be happier. I honestly have no plan on changing these out at any time this year. No reason to!!!!

Same opinion as most on here. Still love my apexs and don't plan on changing anytime soon. The feel and forgiveness is second to none. I truely feel they are the perfect combination of players/game improvement iron. Anyone can play these.

Couldn't say it better myself. Even as a certified club flipper, these have been and will be in the bag for a long time. I don't even have an interest in buying any other irons out there.

Anybody with handicaps above 16 gaming these? How are they for you forgiveness wise?

I am gaming the pro and am a 16. I really like the feel of these, consistency is incredible. Solid irons for sure, the best I have tried.

Anybody with handicaps above 16 gaming these? How are they for you forgiveness wise?
I am at 19, and while I could find more forgiving irons, I think they pack plenty of help for me

I am at 19, and while I could find more forgiving irons, I think they pack plenty of help for me

I totally agree with this. I brought some rsi 1 irons a couple of months ago and much prefer the apex.

I've only demoed them (my set will be here tomorrow!) but I'm a...who knows, 30? 50? a gazillion? handicap and I *really* like them.

I hit them as well as my Speedblades in the demo bay at Golfsmith. They fly *much* lower (mid trajectory vs. the Speedblades shooting to the moon) but distance was just as good and the feedback is incredible.

I decided to go with them for two reasons:

1. I *love* the looks
2. I want "game improvement" irons that help me improve my game, not mask my mistakes

I personally think they hit #2 perfectly. They don't punish mishits severely, but they let you know the mishit happened and you can easily tell where on the face you hit the ball.

Back