2015 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Bay Hill [SPOILERS]

cpljohnst

Go Jackets! Go Sun Devils
Reaction score
Handicap
16.0 GHIN
This is always a favorite of mine. To me, always signals that Augusta is very close. Tee Times are out and the Thursday 12:56pm pairing is going to draw quite a crowd:

Rory McIlroy
Jason Day
Rickie Fowler

I'll be at the tourney on Thursday, any other THPers going to be out there?

That's Awesome you are going to be there on Thursday Barry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool, lots of big names in the field. Have only been to 3 tournaments which the biggest name was Vijay at the time, it was an amazing and informational experience for sure. Have fun this weekend.

Such a great course, always a fun watch on TV!

This is always a favorite of mine. To me, always signals that Augusta is very close. Tee Times are out and the Thursday 12:56pm pairing is going to draw quite a crowd:

Rory McIlroy
Jason Day
Rickie Fowler

That will certainly be a popular group. Hope they can all put on a show. those 3 all have the capability to show how insanely good pros are.

I know TW is not in it, but looking at past Champions I really want to pick him anyways. #Dominance

I think this is anyone's tournament this year.

It's interesting seeing who has entered this event and who hasn't. Half of the OWGR Top 20 is playing and the other half is sitting out. I know they can't play ever week, but would like to see more playing Arnie's tourney since we don't know how much longer he'll be around.

In the field: 1. McIlroy, 2. Watson, 3. Stenson, 4. Scott, 5. Day, 11. Fowler, 16. Matsuyama, 17. Horschel, 18 Koepka, 20. Holmes.

Skipping this week: 6. Spieth, 7. Furyk, 8. Garcia, 9. Johnson, 10. Rose, 12. Kaymer, 13. Walker, 14. Kuchar, 15. Reed., 19. Dubuisson.

Kinda weak sauce

Pretty weak field overall I guess, but that top group with my top 3 favorite golfers is awesome. I'd give a kidney to watch those 3 bat the ball around for a day!

It's interesting seeing who has entered this event and who hasn't. Half of the OWGR Top 20 is playing and the other half is sitting out. I know they can't play ever week, but would like to see more playing Arnie's tourney since we don't know how much longer he'll be around.

In the field: 1. McIlroy, 2. Watson, 3. Stenson, 4. Scott, 5. Day, 11. Fowler, 16. Matsuyama, 17. Horschel, 18 Koepka, 20. Holmes.

Skipping this week: 6. Spieth, 7. Furyk, 8. Garcia, 9. Johnson, 10. Rose, 12. Kaymer, 13. Walker, 14. Kuchar, 15. Reed., 19. Dubuisson.
Top 5 isn't too bad, I can see Jordan skipping after a win, but some of the others are a bit surprising.

I like this tourney. Will be fun to watch. Awesome you'll be there Barry! Hope you have a blast.

Pretty weak field overall I guess, but that top group with my top 3 favorite golfers is awesome. I'd give a kidney to watch those 3 bat the ball around for a day!
I thought the same thing about the weak field. Of course, I'll still watch all 4 days.

Rory McIlroy
Jason Day
Rickie Fowler

unfortunately I won't be able to get out there until Sat.

is the field a result of the masters being close? it doesn't seem THAT close. maybe it would make sense to be the week after the honda. have one of jack's tournaments followed by arnie's tournament. i'd rather see a stronger field here in orlando than over at innisbrook, but i'm biased :)

I'll be there Thursday too. I'm surprised about some of the no shows since a lot of them usually play in it.

Interesting twist for this years tourney and for the future. Nice reward for winning here or at Jack's tourney. From the Tour:

Beginning with this year's tournament, the PGA TOUR is awarding the winners at Bay Hill and the Memorial Tournament presented by National Insurance with a three-year exemption of status. That's one year longer than the customary perk. Winners will also be exempt into THE PLAYERS for three years.

The course is not a fav of the pros. I'm sure this is why the new greens are going in.

The course is not a fav of the pros. I'm sure this is why the new greens are going in.
That's interesting Freddie...any idea what exactly they don't like about it?

New greens again? Oy, didn't they re do them just a few years ago when they had that disease?

From Rob Bolton of the PGA Tour Media

Much like how the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook Resort & Golf Club, host of last week's Valspar Championship, will be undergoing a restoration this year, Bay Hill will be replacing its existing Bermuda grass greens with TifEagle Bermuda shortly after the API concludes.

I'm pretty sure I've got the top ten covered with my fantasy picks this week.

Favorite non major tournament of the year!

Was surprised at the amount of big names missing out...pulling for Rickie this week.

Back