Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Irons Review

What are some good comparisons for these irons?
Pro Combos? Apex Pro? DPCs?
They look almost exactly like the Taylormade Tour Preferred CB. True cavity-backed iron with a small head.

What are some good comparisons for these irons?
Pro Combos? Apex Pro? DPCs?
I'll through up some comparison pics. Let me get everything together dude

Not sure if this what your looking for. If not let me know and I'll shoot something different.

b4fceef2feebc323ba24d9a67aa3d755.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/
v2/15/03/11/93d526a7d5c4ebf2594bdde312217901.jpg
3ce1d21ccaefcea9f47523c5959d7889.jpg

412c28513de86311b066f833bbbb2f78.jpg

That's the M3 next to the J40CB

4ac206e29c5ea159d66e8035cf09b68e.jpg

adf6945560c5f84886a0b194b6024549.jpg

M3 with the DPC

4246d515c59e7ff17f8be51a5b88e1b5.jpg

b03d51d4639a1476f01bafd677095d27.jpg

M3 next to the Apex Pro

Dang, so much hotness in one picture in that first one haha

I really like the looks of the M3s. They've been one I've wanted to try for a while now.

Thanks so much for those pics! It looks like there is about as much mass there as the J40 DPCs to me...I imagine they perform in the same realm.

Thanks so much for those pics! It looks like there is about as much mass there as the J40 DPCs to me...I imagine they perform in the same realm.
I just received the M3s today. So I can't speak to that yet. But I was told that they will play similarly to the cb's as apposed to the apex Pros. But the m3s have a weaker loft so that's not overly shocking.

On on thing I found interesting is the top lines look very similar across the board. But the sole of the M3's have a considerable amount of mass in comparison.

These are so damn sexy it's almost stupid.

Not sure if this what your looking for. If not let me know and I'll shoot something different.

b4fceef2feebc323ba24d9a67aa3d755.jpg
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/
v2/15/03/11/93d526a7d5c4ebf2594bdde312217901.jpg
3ce1d21ccaefcea9f47523c5959d7889.jpg

412c28513de86311b066f833bbbb2f78.jpg

That's the M3 next to the J40CB

4ac206e29c5ea159d66e8035cf09b68e.jpg

adf6945560c5f84886a0b194b6024549.jpg

M3 with the DPC

4246d515c59e7ff17f8be51a5b88e1b5.jpg

b03d51d4639a1476f01bafd677095d27.jpg

M3 next to the Apex Pro

I am looking at these or the V2s. Are those M3s used? if they are, they wear nicely.

I am looking at these or the V2s. Are those M3s used? if they are, they wear nicely.
The M3's have been lightly used.

Took these for an extended range session today. I spent a few hours working different things from a recent lesson. I'm not going to get into a deep comparison with those pics I posted really. Mostly because these have a different shaft Then everything I pictured, and different lofts tha. The Apex Pros.

My initial thought was that these were launching a tad higher than I was used to seeing, but Ididnt look like it was costing me carry distances. I later confirmed that these were on par with what I had been gaming over the past year, and the spin numbers were are relatively in the same ballpark. Lateral forgiveness was better than expected which I was able to see often wit.h some of the swing changes I'm currently making. So that was a plus for sure. The finish...I just don't know how I feel about that at this point. It's cool to look at, and it definitely will cut down on any possible glare. But I'm always skeptical about black finishes, and wear after an extended season. These are a solid offering from Wilson Staff, and I'm excited to see what else is in their lines going forward. A bit of an eye opening experience you might say for me,

Great thoughts there on the M3s. I have only hit a 7 iron, in a sim. Flight was definitely higher than my current set - seemed similar to the G25s I gamed a couple seasons. Would like to try with a couple more shaft options to see how that influences my ballflight.

I don't know what irons will be available for #THPLegacy, but these are on my short-list, just in case. I'm a sucker for black finishes, so that already is in their favor (you're dead-on with regard to how a black iron wears - I guess I'm OK with that... As long as it looks like I'm hitting the sweet spot a whole lot :D).

I'd have to see them in daylight. The dark finish is bothering my eye for some reason. But as far as head shape and how it looks at set up, these look superb!

~Rock

Id still really like to hit these irons despite my love for the C100's.
These would look so awesome with some black FG Tour TC wedges next to them.

Id still really like to hit these irons despite my love for the C100's.
These would look so awesome with some black FG Tour TC wedges next to them.
my thoughts exactly

Found a slightly used set of these today with X100's for $269. I was sorely tempted to grab them, but I'm trying to save money to move. they looked and felt pretty awesome though!

I managed to find a single 7i on the cheap to mess around with. At the very least it will tell me if I should go M3 or C100 for Legacy!

I hit an M3 7 iron about 50 times yesterday. I have to say I was impressed. They are clearly weaker lofts than my C100s, and I was losing about a half club, possibly more. However, accuracy was very good, and they were more forgiving than I expected. They are very easy to align and swing. Out of everything I hit yesterday, these had the tightest group (and I got my first ever simulator hole-in-one). However, I was struggling to hit the 7 iron more than about 155 when I stepped on it, and was probably averaging more like 147-150 carry. That's almost a full club short.

I hit an M3 7 iron about 50 times yesterday. I have to say I was impressed. They are clearly weaker lofts than my C100s, and I was losing about a half club, possibly more. However, accuracy was very good, and they were more forgiving than I expected. They are very easy to align and swing. Out of everything I hit yesterday, these had the tightest group (and I got my first ever simulator hole-in-one). However, I was struggling to hit the 7 iron more than about 155 when I stepped on it, and was probably averaging more like 147-150 carry. That's almost a full club short.
Good info.
I'm expecting the M3 to be shorter than the C100 by about a club but the main thing for me will be height. If the M3s don't launch the way I like I'll be going with something else.

Good info.
I'm expecting the M3 to be shorter than the C100 by about a club but the main thing for me will be height. If the M3s don't launch the way I like I'll be going with something else.
Why are you in this thread, buddy? The C100s mirror your APs. Similarity breeds confidence ... plus, why play more demanding clubs?

Good info.

I think they launch pretty high for a better player's iron. I had zero trouble getting them to stop on the green. They didn't roll out at all if I hit the green. I am curious about turf interaction, as that's impossible to figure out on a sim.

Why are you in this thread, buddy? The C100s mirror your APs. Similarity breeds confidence ... plus, why play more demanding clubs?
Because they are gorgeous, I can, and I want to.
We'll see how they perform against each other and then I'll know.

Because they are gorgeous, I can, and I want to.
We'll see how they perform against each other and then I'll know.

Gotta play what you like.

I have to admit, I'm secretly hoping you go M3 so I get a chance to hit them. :alien:

So I finally got to try out the V4 also.

If you're looking at the M3, you owe it to yourself to try the V4 and see which works better for you and which you like the look of better. I think some people are going to like the black, some people are going to like the straight up cavity back. The V4 is silver, but has an interesting weighting scheme in the back that may work for some people. I liked the V4 better than the M3, but it's probably down to personal preference and what you hit better.

I've always liked these irons, might have to try to game these one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some comparison pics to my AP1 7i. They aren't near as different as I was expecting.
916f0318e2c400fa6cd5ffb89b36336a.jpg

d8947aa2e7f3c6d7244e058694fb7def.jpg

299ca7d81b32a0086ca0fc8535aef2e7.jpg

Back