Let others play with or play through?

Dgvillere

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought about this after a response to another thread, you're playing and someone comes up on you do you invite them to play with or just allow them to play through? What I've found lately and maybe I'm biased being new here is they'll let you through but never hardly ask you to join. I always thought golf was a social game. Now granted there are times I wouldn't want to join a group, if it's kids drinking, swearing, yelling on the course, true I'd rather play through than with.

If I have to wait for the group ahead I'll ask the person behind me if they're ok with teaming up.
I've met some great people this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the course is backed up, I wouldn't want someone to play through since there would be no where for them to go. I would def. ask them to join if we have an opening.

If they are enough people to make us a foursome, and there is nowhere to go, we invite them to join us. I won't let anyone through if we're waiting too. If there is nowhere for them to go, what is the point? If we are already a foursome, then they are just going to have to deal with it like we are.

If it's open ahead of us, and we are slowing a group up, yes, we will let them through. Sometimes you see a bunch of fast singles or twosomes in back of us (fast because they are not a foursome; one person should always play faster than 4), they should really pair up instead of expecting to be let through on a busy day. (That is something the starter should have done before sending singles or groups of less than four out on busy days)

I always give the person the option to play through first, and then ask if they want to join, the decision is entirely up to them!

Back