Inside The Army’s Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room

That is nutty. So much stuff.

Wow. That's a ridiculous amount of history!

Uniform for every battle/war/etc every fought. Thats amazing.

"It belongs in a museum!"

Seriously, that is some really cool stuff. And yes I wish it was in a museum so I could see all that stuff.

"It belongs in a museum!"

Seriously, that is some really cool stuff. And yes I wish it was in a museum so I could see all that stuff.
I would love to go see that. Could spend DAYS looking at that stuff.

I would love to go see that. Could spend DAYS looking at that stuff.

I feel the same. In just the arms and uniforms alone I can imagine spending days looking over everything, let alone the art and whatever else they didn't mention.

I feel the same. In just the arms and uniforms alone I can imagine spending days looking over everything, let alone the art and whatever else they didn't mention.
I could spend weeks looking at the Civil War section.

I'm such a nerd.

I hope the museum gets built!

Pretty incredible stuff.

I had no idea that there was so much, I am more than impressed, I am awe-struck. I would love to get to see a museum, I know I would go see everything displayed.

I worked in an Army Navy store while in college. Still have a decent collection myself. I love to visit museums - two of my favorites are the D-Day & WWII museum in New Orleans and The Marine Corps Museum in Quantico.

That collection at Ft. Belvoir it's just amazing. Putts those two museums to shame.

I could spend weeks looking at the Civil War section.

I'm such a nerd.

If you love looking at Civil War era weaponry make a note to visit Chickamauga National Battlefield in far northeast Georgia sometime. Amazing weapon collection donated by a private collector. Over 1,000 pieces.

So cool!

We can spend billions on useless **** but not fund this museum? Tragic.

I could spend countless hours inside there. So much history. This is a must need for a museum. The Civil War section would take forever to get through. Thanks for posting.

That's sad to see all the art and war artifacts hidden away. But it is also aggravating to see potentially billions of dollars doing no good sitting in a warehouse.

Absolutely incredible, would've never guessed.

I was just at Ft. Belvoir a couple of weeks ago…I knew we had a Center for Military History but had no idea this was in existence.

Thanks for sharing War. Some crazy neat stuff in there!

That was very cool Ryan, thanks for the link. Some of those pieces are incredible and definitely belong in a museum, I had no idea that much stuff even existed.

Back