Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
"Imitation is the sincerest (form) of flattery." - Charles Caleb Colton

Mizuno Play Famously JPX-EZ

Why have 1 company staff twelve golfers when you can have 5 companies staff 40 golfers? Just my thoughts on it.

I hate the fact that you have to play the JPX irons and you can't pick what you like or play best. From an iron standpoint they're the best I've ever hit, from a company standpoint they have a long way to go.

I have no need for this.

I hate the fact that you have to play the JPX irons and you can't pick what you like or play best. From an iron standpoint they're the best I've ever hit, from a company standpoint they have a long way to go.

I actually think that's a strong statement about the MP line

I'm also a little disappointed that it's only 12 golfers. I presume they would at least try to get to 32 this year. :Alien

Sorry for posting this. Didn't realize it was a sore subject at THP. Just became actively involved in the site last summer after their 2013 P.F. campaign was finished. Just thought their may be some people interested in registering for it. I personally am not planning on it.

Sorry for posting this. Didn't realize it was a sore subject at THP. Just became actively involved in the site last summer after their 2013 P.F. campaign was finished. Just thought their may be some people interested in registering for it. I personally am not planning on it.

I don't think there is any harm in posting it. Just some history.

Sox, no worries, you never have to apologize for posting this! In fact, I really do apologize if it seems like I was "killing the messenger." I don't think anyone here slights you for creating the thread...it's something golf related! It's just interesting to some of us that after the Morgan Cup was created, this happens to pop up.

Nah man, last year they tried to steal the Morgan Cup concept and ruffled a few of our feathers, it was a tacky move from a company standpoint. Fortunately for me after a long trial, my clubs were found innocent of the conspiracy charges I filed against them and we remained friends lol.

Thanks for bringing this for everyone to check out.

Sox, no worries, you never have to apologize for posting this! In fact, I really do apologize if it seems like I was "killing the messenger." I don't think anyone here slights you for creating the thread...it's something golf related! It's just interesting to some of us that after the Morgan Cup was created, this happens to pop up.

And after Mizuno was pitched the concept of the Morgan Cup and asked to participate

There is some history there yes, but I think were all adult enough to reserve comment.... Thanks for the heads up Sox.

Mizuno was one of the companies that the Morgan Cup was pitched to back in the day and they passed. Then launched this event and essentially ripped it off for their own gain. Like others said, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. No harm for you to bring it up at all.

Wow amazing opportunity for 12 lucky people. Good luck to those that enter, I'm playing in this event in July that is kinda a big deal in its own right so I don't think I can commit to this one.

Mizuno was one of the companies that the Morgan Cup was pitched to back in the day and they passed. Then launched this event and essentially ripped it off for their own gain. Like others said, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. No harm for you to bring it up at all.

Sorry to say that I never knew the story. I saw the dust up last year, but didnt know they were pitched to in the past.

#OutsideLookingIn

JM

Wow amazing opportunity for 12 lucky people. Good luck to those that enter, I'm playing in this event in July that is kinda a big deal in its own right so I don't think I can commit to this one.

Lol ever think about getting into politics?

The big issue was they claimed it was their own revolutionary idea. In year 3 of the MC.

This is not for me but very nice gesture to share the link for any others.

I'm new to this site, and hadn't heard of the Morgan Cup until late last year. In the future i plan on become a full albatross member with intentions of 'applying' for the opportunity of the morgan cup.

This Mizuno thing is a great opportunity, but even i can see how it pales in comparison to the morgan cup in just about every way...
1. Less participation
2. Only one club line availabe... not a true 'custom fit' like the other companies will offer at the morgan cup
3. I may be taking it too far, but does it seem slightly smug that they only offer the jpx-ez (the super game improvement iron) and not say the ez forged or mp if you are a slightly better ball striker? It feels as if they are saying you're not good enough for these models...

I've been a mizuno supporter for years with the Pro IIs and the mp52s, and i recognize that this is a great opportunity, but it sort of leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

(that said... obviously i'm entering the contest)

But they do get to do a press conference and have their scores posted live on the internet. Most of those guys wished they weren't posted after what I saw.

Thanks for the info. I'm in.

im in!

Back