The Jordan Spieth Thread

You're kind of taking this to heart. My statement was directed solely at you. But you did say you were nitpicking at him. I just dont get that but that me. I don't look for flaws in folks.

Not taking this to heart, just pointing out that some are ignoring the other half of my post and focusing only on the one admittedly nit-picky thing I mentioned. I don't see how anything in my posts have been disparaging towards Spieth. Saying that I would have liked to have seen more fiery celebrations is just an observation of what I expect from a 21 year old winning his first major. Yet somehow people take that as me hating him, which couldn't be further from the truth.

I have nothing negative to say about JS, wonderful family values it seems and he can obviously play the game very well.

I will say, though, that we've seen many young phenoms with great looking games follow up big wins and hype with....not much. I'm of the opinion we give him a little time before annointing him as the future of golf. That said, if he wins 3 or 4 more this year and a major or 2 in the bunch, I'll be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon.

Recently hyped major winners who have done not much else:
K Bradley
C Schwartzel
J Dufner had a brief hot streak and garnered a lot of hype

And of course in the non major winner category we have R Fowler and a dozen others.

I dont always agree with Hank Haney on things but he said soemthing Saturday that really stood out to me..... None of the younger players or top ranked players over the last 20 years have been the best putter on tour. When you look at it from this prospective I feel he will be around for a long time. Over his first 3 years on tour he has been at or near the top of every putting statistic including putts made from 15-25 ft. He continues to improve steadily in all ball striking catagories as well.

He is like the 5 tool MLB prospect and as long as the putter stays consistant he isnt going anywhere

Not taking this to heart, just pointing out that some are ignoring the other half of my post and focusing only on the one admittedly nit-picky thing I mentioned. I don't see how anything in my posts have been disparaging towards Spieth. Saying that I would have liked to have seen more fiery celebrations is just an observation of what I expect from a 21 year old winning his first major. Yet somehow people take that as me hating him, which couldn't be further from the truth.
No one said hating and I didn't ignore the other half of your post. Sheesh

I like watching JS play, not long off the tee but that putter sure works for him. I also like Rory, so it might be fun to see a competitive environment between these two over the next 20 years.

So cool!

I wonder if he always travels on the UA jet, or if they hooked up their new champion.

I wonder if he always travels on the UA jet, or if they hooked up their new champion.

I think he's got a contract with NetJets.

I like that he's a user of social media. I hope that doesn't change or become an Achilles heel in the future.

I like that he's a user of social media. I hope that doesn't change or become an Achilles heel in the future.

I agree. Hope it doesn't change.

Think I saw a tweet where they sent it to get him to New York. By the sounds, it's not a regular thing from week to week.

I agree. Hope it doesn't change.

LOL, is that a real image?

Looks like Jordan is ballin' a little after the win haha, good for him!

Hahaha if that's him, what a different image from on course. Instant classic.

Its funny how images are portrayed. I look at that and think nothing of it. Put Jameis Winston on that jet (same age) with his friends and doing the same thing and the world is coming to an end and he is a thug. Now I am well aware that they have different backgrounds, but its an interesting thought. Or put Johnny Manziel doing it and the world is once again coming to an end because he is with his boy(z) partying.

Its funny how images are portrayed. I look at that and think nothing of it. Put Jameis Winston on that jet (same age) with his friends and doing the same thing and the world is coming to an end and he is a thug. Now I am well aware that they have different backgrounds, but its an interesting thought. Or put Johnny Manziel doing it and the world is once again coming to an end because he is with his boy(z) partying.
It's the fine line between what's appropriate and what's not that's for damn sure. I think many are justified in saying they don't want their kids to open the Internet to search for their idol Spieth only to see that.

Just cracks me up how different that photo presents him.

21yrs old, just won his first major, on a private jet with some of his best friends and unofficially 1.6 million or so reasons to celebrate? Let the kid enjoy himself and flip the bird to his friend taking the photo.

I've seen grown men behave much worse than that.

Not a huge deal, but he probably should have been smarter. Like Dan said, if I had a 12 year old who was a huge fan I'd be a bit disappointed.

If you read the article, the person who posted says that he does not know when that photo was taken. Could have been before the Masters and seeing he has a different color shirt on boarding the plane than in the photo, I would believe it was taken well before the Masters.

21yrs old, just won his first major, on a private jet with some of his best friends and unofficially 1.6 million or so reasons to celebrate? Let the kid enjoy himself and flip the bird to his friend taking the photo.

I've seen grown men behave much worse than that.
Haha wasn't Wie twerking after her win?

She was, and even *gasp* drinking beer out of the U.S. Open trophy. The horror! :alien:

Agreed. Its nonsense and nothing wrong with it. I was merely showing that if Jameis Winston were to do the exact same thing or Johnny Manziel were to do the exact same thing, they would be crucified as rude, immature, etc.

Agreed. Its nonsense and nothing wrong with it. I was merely showing that if Jameis Winston were to do the exact same thing or Johnny Manziel were to do the exact same thing, they would be crucified as rude, immature, etc.
To be fair though no one ever accused Spieth of being a rapist though. Menziel and Winston have a very looooooong history of being douches.

I completely agree. The double standard is ridiculous in the media with regards to actions like that.

To be fair though no one ever accused Spieth of being a rapist though. Menziel and Winston have a very looooooong history of being douches.

Neither did Manziel. I was trying very carefully to not go this route, but will post this without comment. Take ANY young NFL or NBA player and have him in the same photo, and he is called a thug with an entourage. I dont want to derail this thread with a race conversation, just found it interesting is all.

Back