3 Wood off the deck

loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Hi,

I've been struggling to hit my 3 wood off the deck for quite some time now. It seems like I've tried hitting down, sweeping it off the ground, playing it front, playing it middle, and playing it front-middle. Any advice?

Zach

P.S. It's an Orlimar Trimetal 17 degree...I think. Something like that. I'm not quite sure of the loft.

I moved this over to Swing Tips because I know Freddie Kong will get you all sorted out (along with others).

How are you missing it? I mean, what's your typical shot pattern? Are you topping it? Or you skulling it?? Are you popping it up? Just wondering....

D, all of the above.

I've chunked it, skulled it, topped it, popped it up, snap hooked it, pull hooked it, sliced it. Basically everything except hit it straight. I would say, however, that my most common misses are pull hooks and tops.

I'd say put up a quick video for Freddie to see to give him the best chance to help.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

D, all of the above.

I've chunked it, skulled it, topped it, popped it up, snap hooked it, pull hooked it, sliced it. Basically everything except hit it straight. I would say, however, that my most common misses are pull hooks and tops.

with tho out seeing your swing I can't speak to any flaws that may be causing your issue. But I can offer this advise.

1. Take a practice swing and pay close attention to where the club makes contact with the ground. No matter how you are swinging the club, the point of contact should be the same. Once you have your point of contact that is where the ball should be placed in your stance. From here I want you swing through the ball to your finish. Pay close attention that you keep your head beyond the ball and that your chest moves over and through the hitting zone.

If your chest opens or comes up you will slice, top or miss the ball.

Back