Poll : Draw vs Fade which do you prefer?

Poll : Draw vs Fade which do you prefer?

• Draw

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Fade

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters
I have started playing both a fade and a draw, but sometimes it turns into a slice and a hook. If I play my stock shot, I am going to have a nice fade.

My flight is straight and a fade if the OTT comes back in, but would prefer to be able to hit a draw on demand...some day.

Prefer a draw on both feels like i can control the ball more

I can hit draws pretty well, have a good control over how much I want. Fades I can't hit for my life, unless it's an unintentional one off the tee. So I prefer a fade just because its one of my goals to learn to do it this year.

THPing on Tapatalk

I can't release the club late enough to hit a fade:beat-up:

For years I played a fade/cut - however, after switching to stiffer shafts in my irons/woods I now typically hit a draw - if I try to jump on my irons it results in a pull sometimes, but I typically hit a draw. The only club I can say I hit a slice if I really try to jump on it is my driver - so I will tend to aim down the left side if I am trying to get after it.

One of my usual playing buddies hits a wicked draw and can really smash the ball - has done this for as long as I can remember - so he will aim right almost every shot and it will land in the center/left side typically - however, a few times a round he will hit the "dreaded straight ball" and will be sent into oblivion...

Right now I prefer the fade simply cause I can control it. Otherwise my draw shot is very handsy so it's not consistent at all

I much prefer to hit a draw, which is my predominant shot anyway, so maybe I've just grown accustomed to it!

I hit a slight draw, because of my lack of distance. I would prefer a slight fade with the same distance. I still hit a fade into many greens with my short irons, just because of the control and height I can get with it. I like the ball to stop where I want it on greens. I just wish I was good enough to execute on demand.

Which ever is more consistent that day. I am just now coming back from what was mostly a lost season last year. Between tennis elbow issues, the sh&*%s and then just losing my entire swing last year, I'll take whatever I can get right now. I have hit a draw/hook for most of my golfing life but am seeing more fades right now. I think I would like to develop a consistent baby fade as it seems to be easier to predict than my draw that would turn in to a pull hook several times a round.

Depends on where the trouble is. I like to work away from it

I prefer to hit whatever shape the shot demands. My natural flight is a slight fade and I tend to play it most frequently. In the last year I've been able to add a draw with most clubs and it has been most helpful.

I'm not sure I really care, as long as I was consistent. Normally hitting a fade and then randomly hitting a draw could end up to be disastrous.

As long as it ends up where I want it to be, I don't care.

My natural ball flight is a fade. After playing more and more and learning more about the swing, I was very interested in learning to hit a draw for the extra distance and roll. Well, I never really got to the point where I could hit a draw consistently and also lost my fade. It just turned into a slice. So I'm in total reconstruction off the tee and right now I don't care how it gets there, just as long as its in the short grass

Tapa Slice

I don't prefer one to the other, it really depends on the shape of the fairway/green. My natural ball flight is a slight cut though, so I will usually play my natural swing and leave a few yards right to allow for the cut. With irons, I can add more cut if needed (club up), or I can hit a draw as well (club down). Woods/hybrids, I can't get them to really move much, so I either play my natural flight or close the face up a bit if I need it to be dead straight.

I hit a nice draw off the tee which works well at my course. Irons are mostly straight.

If I am swinging the club well, I love looking at a baby fade. Anytime I am "drawing" the ball, it's usually a hook.

I mainly hit a high fade. I would love to hit a draw, but everytime I do I send it straight left it seems.

As long as it ends up where I want it to be, I don't care.
There's quite a bit of truth in that, during my last fitting the guy asked me what I want to do with the ball, I told him make contact!! He laughed and asked how I wanted it to go, I said straight!!!

Fade all day long. More control and I basically can eliminate the left side of the course (most of the time, ha!)

Fade if I had to pick one. I think it plays to a lot more holes off the tee. And it's all I can hit with all my clubs.

Fade all day. Easier to control and lands more softly on the green.

Fade. More controllable than a draw IMO.

I prefer a draw with my driver and 3 wood and a fade into greens with irons so that they land softer - can't quite do either to order though!!:doh:

Back