Firefly Car Rental

Stribs

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Has anyone done business with Firefly Car Rental before?

I am looking to visit SoCal in the next few weeks and am shopping around for car rentals. The obvious choices would be Budget, Hertz, etc., but I am looking to save a little cash and saw this company when investigating the travel arrangements.

Any information would be great...good or bad, I'd like to hear your opinions.

I have not. Its intriguing, but I almost always get a deal with the old faithfuls.

I always seem to save good money on priceline when renting cars at least. The name your price feature work well. Got a midsized rental at 19/day one time. Good to try, at least

I have used FireFly on one occasion, in Denver. The experience was just fine, but it was different. Due to them being a really "budget" provider (they basically get leftover vehicles from a couple other companies), they usually have a very, very small, and mostly manual footprint/process in the rental car "section". Getting the vehicle and dropping it off did take longer than with others because of this. In Denver, I had to park the car and then go into the rental car location in order to "drop-off". Wasn't a big deal to me, because I saved over $100 off of the entire rental versus one of the big boys.

Because I had never used them before, I did take more time to read the agreement and also snapped pics of the vehicle. There were a couple of reviews I read, before booking, that said some locations tried to charge folks for damage that was already there. All-in-all, I wasn't disappointed, and would look at them in the future, depending on the price difference.

I considered them last year, but the reviews I read were pretty terrible.

Back