loquaciouspanda

loquaciouspanda
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
So I'm in the market for a new set of irons, and a local shop has a set of Burner 2.0 irons, 4-PW, AW for $349.99. I believe they are new, and I know I can pick up some cheaper on eBay, but are these irons worth it?

They get pretty good reviews, I've never hit them, though. They're very popular for SGI irons. However I will say that you should be able to pick those up new for less than $300 if you have either a Dicks or a Golfsmith around you, both of those chains have been blowing those sets out since the beginning of the year.

I've had them for 2 years. Decent set of irons.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

RocketBladez are better imo. I bet you can find a set of those for around the same price or less.

I love mine. There's a healthy bit of offset in the longer irons, but I think by the 6 or 7 it settles down. Very forgiving, and the polish is pretty tough. I play a lot of desert golf, which involves hitting off hardpan more often than I care to admit, and these have stayed pretty solid looking. Stock grips are pretty good. Shafts are true to flex, IMO. Shop around, though. At that price there should be some 2012 or 2013 irons at a similar price point. I think I've seen RocketBallz, Cobra Amp and Amp Cell irons, and used Callaway X-Hots from their website for a similar price. I think for around $350 you can find last model year's clubs, used, rather than 3 year old clubs new. But it depends on what you like

Also, where do you normally play in Tucson? I've been gouging the bejeezus outta Pueblo Del Sol in Sierra Vista.

Like others have said, while the 2.0s are an awesome set of irons, some of the newer TM releases can be found for similar prices and are a bit improved.

I gamed them for about a year and a half, I liked them alot but that's overpriced IMO, I recently sold mine for 185 and they were in very good shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As others have said, they are solid clubs, but there are newer/better for that price.

The 2.0s were my clubs before my present set. I have been thinking about selling my set. I have 4-LW. I don't have the AW. If you're interested in them, PM me.

They are fine irons, were my last set. But I'm quite sure I paid that amount for them in 2012.

I use the 2.0's and I like them. But oven never used anything else as they are my first irons.

But I do feel confident with them.

They were a good set in there time the newer sets offer some advantages in distance and forgiveness

I had them when they first came out, super long and forgiving but zero feel. For sgi they are very good. Like others have said that price is way to high. If they are new max price would be 250 IMO

Back