Odyssey Tank Cruiser Putter - THP Preview

This thing takes up periodic residence in my head. Totally rent free. So much customization available. Has a great look. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it a bit wider than the standard Odyssey #1? Looks like it sits somewhere between the standard #1 and the #1-Wide from the Tour Design Black and Versa series.

Checked out the Odyssey site for the other models. Very nice! Really like the #7 and the V-Line.

I'm assuming (OK, more like hoping) that they will go ahead and add the Versa "touch" in a future iteration.

Just saw the 330 version. Yum.

Yeah, after further review, I must second this. The one thing that drives me a bit nuts is I can't really decode Odyssey's toe hang scheme. Is the 1W face balanced? What about the 330? Those are the two that jump out at me, but I'd have to check on toe hang. Of course, the mad scientist in me thinks that you could mess with the weighting if toe hang wasn't right (10 in heel, 20 in toe as example) but that could be a recipe for disaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow....great looking, lots of adjustability....I like it !

Wow, I really like the looks of this putter! Add in adjustable weights and a SS grip, sign me up.

Sorry for the skim if it's been said:

But what's the date for release on these?

Sorry for the skim if it's been said:

But what's the date for release on these?

I thiiiiiink I saw 4/11

This one will be arriving in for review tomorrow, very much looking forward to putting the #1 wide through its paces.

I thiiiiiink I saw 4/11

This one will be arriving in for review tomorrow, very much looking forward to putting the #1 wide through its paces.

I cannot wait to hear how it performs for you. Especially how much tinkering you do with the weights to get a groove to what you like!

Wow! This looks awesome. I really really want to roll one of these.... Weights, and superstroke grip? Schweet

Tap-tap taparoo

I cannot wait to hear how it performs for you. Especially how much tinkering you do with the weights to get a groove to what you like!

I'm really excited about that facet, the head and butt weight options are pretty cool. Plus, lets face it, the Odyssey branded SS 15" is prett badass looking.

I'm really excited about that facet, the head and butt weight options are pretty cool. Plus, lets face it, the Odyssey branded SS 15" is prett badass looking.

Agreed. It looks amazing. Id love to put one on my tank if they ever sell them separately.

Will there be different variations of this? i.e. anything other than plumbers neck?

Will there be different variations of this? i.e. anything other than plumbers neck?

I would be all over a CS version.

Well boo. Haha

I want a straight shafted CS model. Maybe later it will happen. A guy can hope. Haha

Well boo. Haha

I want a straight shafted CS model. Maybe later it will happen. A guy can hope. Haha

A #1 wide CS would be cool to see indeed.

Thanks for throwing the correct model out there I was trying to describe. I can't keep up with all of that! :)

Petition started boys, sign it!

In the meantime, looking forward to the review. Adjustable counterbalanced is just awesome.....and needed.

Petition started boys, sign it!

In the meantime, looking forward to the review. Adjustable counterbalanced is just awesome.....and needed.

I like that they took the path of not just wanting to add weight here and there but instead sought out to study and develop the best method of counter-balance setup.

I like that they took the path of not just wanting to add weight here and there but instead sought out to study and develop the best method of counter-balance setup.

The adjustability on both ends is nice. Really lets you get dialed in.

Figures, I just picked up a Tank #7v. Oh, well, I'm confident that Odyssey will have some for me to roll during the local demo weekend at the end of the month.

Jman,
I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I've asked on Twitter about center-shafted models of various releases by Odyssey, but haven't heard much positive, aside from the Versa #7 CS.

I would love to get a Versa #1 wide CS WBW with a black shaft.

A #1 Tank CS would be cool. Would really be able to tweak the weights to control the head opening or closing too early.

I want this putter.

Back