Odyssey Tank Cruiser Putter - THP Preview

I want this putter.

I'm really intrigued by the two-ball Versa cruiser. I need to roll this one a few times. Ponder mode is high.

This one will be arriving in for review tomorrow, very much looking forward to putting the #1 wide through its paces.

Did this ever get reviewed? I can't see one on the homepage or a forum search..?

Did this ever get reviewed? I can't see one on the homepage or a forum search..?

Here ya go: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57780

Link is in first post.

Also, you can always just go to the homepage and find all the reviews directly and sometimes more easily!

Probably missed it bc of the Vline title rather than just the broad tank cruiser title. At the point you posted I thought it would be the 1 wide, but we reviewed the Vline instead

Thanks, I had seen that one from the list in the home page, was wondering about the wide specifically but guess I'll have to form my own opinion this time :D

Thanks, I had seen that one from the list in the home page, was wondering about the wide specifically but guess I'll have to form my own opinion this time :D
The #1w is a personal favorite after trying all the head styles. I'm excited to roll this bad boy in Myrtle.

The #1w is a personal favorite after trying all the head styles. I'm excited to roll this bad boy in Myrtle.

Same here. Just love love love that head shape. So perfect for me.

Same here. Just love love love that head shape. So perfect for me.
I like the sound of the #1w and 330 compared to the mallet styles.

I have the 330m. Absolutely love it. I have 20g in toe and 10g in heel. Helps with my tendency to flip toe. Love the fact that on faster greens i can adjust the head weigth feel. Had it for over 2 mnths now. Don't think it leaving the bag for a while.

I see you have 35in, do you choke down at all? If so, how much?

What length is yours? Same question on choking?

I went with the 35 inch but that's the length I normally play all my putters. With that said, I usually choke down about an inch. Just feels better to me. It strange though that I don't like playing a 34 inch.

Holy cow, the 330 feels amazing, I thin I found a new favorite non cs head shape!

Holy cow, the 330 feels amazing, I thin I found a new favorite non cs head shape!

Has changed my game since I put it in the bag. Anything inside of 10 feet I'm upset if it doesn't go in. So much confidence right now over short putts.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've been gaming a Tank Cruiser #7 for about 2 months and I came to the result it's not the one for me. But at least, I gave it its chance... I bought this one for the wrong reasons as I was struggling with long distance putt speed. I tried almost all the combinations but it didn't help that much and it derailed my 10 feet accuracy. It's a fantastic stick, full of interesting technology but I will be back on traditional anser like shapes.

Prior to Tank Cruiser, I was gaming a TP Mills, fitted for me and I think it's time to regrip it and put it in back in the bag. But I'm really happy having taken the time to play with Tank Cruiser on different courses for 2 months, it's the best way to move forward, even though at the end it's the wrong stick.

Taking this guy out for the maiden voyage today. I'm really struggling with putts between 8-12 feet. I generally have 4-5 a round of these for birdie and don't usually make even one. Hopefully this shores that up and saves me even 3 strokes a round and brings my scores to the next level.

Taking this guy out for the maiden voyage today. I'm really struggling with putts between 8-12 feet. I generally have 4-5 a round of these for birdie and don't usually make even one. Hopefully this shores that up and saves me even 3 strokes a round and brings my scores to the next level.
I take it you went with the 1W? Sorry for the skim if you already said. I still love my 330, such a great putter

I will be interested in your findings.

I was struggling with the same thing before I picked up this putter. Not necessarily always for birdies, but 8-12 ft putts drove me crazy. This putter helped stabilize my stroke on these & shorter putts and just gave me the confidence I needed.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I was struggling with the same thing before I picked up this putter. Not necessarily always for birdies, but 8-12 ft putts drove me crazy. This putter helped stabilize my stroke on these & shorter putts and just gave me the confidence I needed.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I find the 330M money on those length putts, usually more for par for me, but still great to have the confidence to save those strokes when dropping those long putts.

I need to get my hands on a 330. I loved my White Ice 330. Wish I never would have let that one go.

Mike - you were lights out with that 330 at True Blue. You keep rolling that thing the way you did when I played with you and you're gonna post some solid scores!

Thanks. That's the best I've putted yet with the TC 330M. What I like best is I'm not afraid to blow past the hole on longer putts bc I have confidence I'm making the come back.

Dear Odyssey,

How about a CS model for 2015?

Kthxbye,

Jman

I just put a 330M in the bag and it has made a huge improvement on my putting - and it's amazing what holing a few putts does for the rest of your game! Great balance and feel and it has does a lot to help me understand my stroke.

I think my biggest complaint with this thing after playing it for a while now is the white color on the grip. Too hard to keep clean and a little discolored in a couple spots. They don't make the same counterbalance grip in a dark option so there is no way to replace it.

Back