Pine Lakes CC in Myrtle Beach

AG47

Reaction score
Handicap
PRO
I am taking a small 3 day vacation to Myrtle Beach before our golf season picks up. I am only going to be able to play one round while I am there and I have decided on Pine Lakes CC. I have never played the course so I am going to be playing it blind. If you have played the course before can you give me some info, course stratagy or your story of when you played there?

I haven't played the course, but I can give you what I know about it. It's one of the oldest courses in the area, so it has more of a classic parkland design with smaller greens and tighter fairways than usual for MB. Have heard good things about its conditioning too.

That's all I got

I haven't played the course, but I can give you what I know about it. It's one of the oldest courses in the area, so it has more of a classic parkland design with smaller greens and tighter fairways than usual for MB. Have heard good things about its conditioning too.

That's all I got

Funny...I thought it had wider fairways but I'm used to a tunnel of trees off each tee here in central VA. LOL

Older layout and many of the things that come with that. Tees close to the greens, doglegs, and it is shorter yardage, but par 70 so it isn't all wedges. Paspalum grass which I read makes it unique to most courses in the area. Quite a bit of slope in the greens and a course that was fun to play. Good mid-level place. Enjoy AG!

Last edited:
Its a fun course. Not too difficult, not too easy. Conditions are above average. If you only get one round, I would take a stab at Caledonia though. Just my thoughts, but to me, its the best in the area.

Its a fun course. Not too difficult, not too easy. Conditions are above average. If you only get one round, I would take a stab at Caledonia though. Just my thoughts, but to me, its the best in the area.

Caledonia is a bit of a drive from central MB, no?

Another one I really liked close to pine lakes is King's North. Arnie design with my favorite par 5 that I've ever played.

Caledonia is a bit of a drive from central MB, no?

Another one I really liked close to pine lakes is King's North. Arnie design with my favorite par 5 that I've ever played.

It can be. We made it in 20-25 minutes. That to me is worth it when comparing.

It can be. We made it in 20-25 minutes. That to me is worth it when comparing.

That's what I thought. The times I was there, the drive kept me from considering it. Being family vacations and all, not much of my time was mine to spend freely, unfortunately. It's at the top of the list for next time though.

Caladonia, True Blue, Dunes Club, Grand Dunes and The Kings Course were the other courses that I was looking at but Pine Lakes was the closest to where we are staying.

Caladonia, True Blue, Dunes Club, Grand Dunes and The Kings Course were the other courses that I was looking at but Pine Lakes was the closest to where we are staying.

Not my decision, but i would consider doing some research and getting to play something really great if you only have one opportunity to get out. And since there are 100+ courses, you definitely have that opportunity. its not like you have to drive 50 miles to get to any of the courses

skip pine lakes for calendonia, true blue, tpc...if you go north try Tidewater, Dunes...even more north Thistle.

Prestwick CC is close by, and Myrtle Beach National isn't too far away either.

Pine Lakes CC in Myrtle Beach

Mbn is a nice layout but I had a bad experience with rude staff there. Id still give it another shot as I want to play Kings North

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mbn is a nice layout but I had a bad experience with rude staff there. If still give it another **** as I want to play Kings North

King's North is a blast. It's a great deal when you purchase a multi round package. The other course options aren't mind blowing but still awesome fun. I enjoyed Aberdeen a lot too.

King's North is a blast. It's a great deal when you purchase a multi round package. The other course options aren't mind blowing but still awesome fun. I enjoyed Aberdeen a lot too.

Never got a chance to play Aberdeen but it's on the list. There is one up there straddling the NC border that looked nice.

Never got a chance to play Aberdeen but it's on the list. There is one up there straddling the NC border that looked nice.

There's a few up that way. Most of my trips there, we stayed at Cherry Grove Beach so that where I've done most of my playing. The Pearl up in Calabash, NC has some amazing estuary views but is long for a MB course. Can get burnt out in late summer. Aberdeen plays nicer than it's cost suggests. Great value course. I've heard good things about the Big Cat courses there too. I have the Barefoot courses on my list too. Just so many freakin options, lol.

There's a few up that way. Most of my trips there, we stayed at Cherry Grove Beach so that where I've done most of my playing. The Pearl up in Calabash, NC has some amazing estuary views but is long for a MB course. Can get burnt out in late summer. Aberdeen plays nicer than it's cost suggests. Great value course. I've heard good things about the Big Cat courses there too. I have the Barefoot courses on my list too. Just so many freakin options, lol.

I've played barefoot fazio and it was real nice. I'd like to play the other options as well. Too many options on the strand is right.

Had a great time a Pine Lakes. I got paired with a gentleman from California and a couple from Vermont and we all had a fun. The course was in great shape for this time of year with everything over seeded and the greens rolled great. When we finished I sat down with the Assistant Pro for the course and had a pretty good conversation with him about the course and the golf business. I will definitely have this course on my "to play list" for my next visit.

Played from the 4th tees and finished at 1 over with 17 pars and a bogey

Back