KBS shaft differences?

Mark1621420

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 9.9
Hello everyone

I was wondering what the differences between the KBS C taper S 120g shaft and the KBS tour S 120g shafts are? Also does anyone know know if you can shorten the KBS C tapers at the "head" side and not at the grip end? I'm just wondering due to maybe buying these C tapers pulled shafts that have really good grips already installed. Thank you for your time

ctaperChart.png

If they are taper tip, you may be able to tip trim them a fraction of an inch.

Hard stepping the c-tapers (trimming from the tip) will effect how the play.

Yes but hard stepping them will give me an even lower ball flight, correct? That is mostly what I am looking for with the purchase of these.

I would say, yes hard stepping them would make the ball flight slightly lower, but also the shaft will be stiffer. Hard to know how big the difference would be.

If S-flex is the one you are looking and have never thought about x-stiff...I would test how the tipping would affect the shaft. Maybe just test how a x-stiff feels.

Well I bought the C-taper S shafts that I will be tipping (1/4-1/2inch) to make them around an S+ which i believe is ideal for my swing (96-98mph 7 iron). Now I might be in the market for some new heads as the irons I just bought will not work with the current shafts and I'm unsure if I really want to take the time or pay someone to take these out and put them in the new shafts

I belive KBS come in 1/2 flexes to such as Reg+ and Stiff+

They feel very different from KBS Tours and the last thing most people would do is tip them or hard step the shafts. Tipping and hard-stepping are two different things by the way. Also being that they're taper tip you probably won't want to tip them anyhow.

I would recommend you build just 1 club and see how it goes before you mess with your whole set or find a spare head and build that one.

Thanks for the question and thank you James for letting me know about this thread!

The TOUR is going to be a more active tip than the C-TAPER. The feel will be smoother with the TOUR vs the C-TAPER, and the flight and spin will be slightly higher with the TOUR compared with CT.

You can shorten, or "tip" all KBS shafts 1/2" to 3/4" of an inch. I'd say this is rarely needed, but you can do it. This will stiffen the performance up slightly. The ball flight and spin rate might lower slightly, but there are not big changes there.

Thanks
Conrad

Hello everyone

I was wondering what the differences between the KBS C taper S 120g shaft and the KBS tour S 120g shafts are? Also does anyone know know if you can shorten the KBS C tapers at the "head" side and not at the grip end? I'm just wondering due to maybe buying these C tapers pulled shafts that have really good grips already installed. Thank you for your time

Thanks for the question and thank you James for letting me know about this thread!

The TOUR is going to be a more active tip than the C-TAPER. The feel will be smoother with the TOUR vs the C-TAPER, and the flight and spin will be slightly higher with the TOUR compared with CT.

You can shorten, or "tip" all KBS shafts 1/2" to 3/4" of an inch. I'd say this is rarely needed, but you can do it. This will stiffen the performance up slightly. The ball flight and spin rate might lower slightly, but there are not big changes there.

Thanks
Conrad

Boom! Thank you Conrad, we appreciate you hopping in here.

Thanks
Conrad

Conrad,

Thanks for the information. Any chance you will be offering fittings in Boulder in the near future? I'm right down the road in Golden.

Tom

Thanks for the question! Our office here is a standard office without a hitting bay. Our testing and R&D is in Carlsbad and Scottsdale. We have a planned demo day at Fort Collins Country Club May 14th from 10am to 2pm.

As always, you can demo KBS shafts at any golf facility with fitting carts.

Thanks,
Conrad

Conrad,

Thanks for the information. Any chance you will be offering fittings in Boulder in the near future? I'm right down the road in Golden.

Tom

Back