Tampa Sunday Suggestion

bwd2

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm heading to Tampa for work in mid-May and it turns out I have all of that Sunday open to golf (flight out isn't until 8pm). Does anyone know a decent, close course where I can get 27-36 in before heading out on my flight that night? I am staying at the Intercontinental on Kennedy Blvd if that helps. Thanks to all!

Closest to your location is going to be Rocky point, but its condition is questionable. Do you have a rental car you're using, or will you be relying on taxi?

Closest to your location is going to be Rocky point, but its condition is questionable. Do you have a rental car you're using, or will you be relying on taxi?

Yeah, that is not a good one.
Westchase will be the best bet as its not much further and calls itself the closest "good" course to the airport. Which they are right about.

Sorry, I should have added that. Will be relying on taxi for the weekend as my hotel is fairly close to the airport. Thanks!

Sorry, I should have added that. Will be relying on taxi for the weekend as my hotel is fairly close to the airport. Thanks!

Ugggh. Then I would not recommend playing honestly. Tampa is not the most taxi forgiving city due to the layout and there are not really any public golf course options right near by. I would recommend enjoying the city and the food or Intl Mall since it will be much closer.

Yeah, that is not a good one.
Westchase will be the best bet as its not much further and calls itself the closest "good" course to the airport. Which they are right about.

It's really not, but it's definitely the most conveniently located haha. There's just nothing in that area.

I'm going to see enjoy the area Saturday with clients so I definitely want to get some golf in Sunday. Is Rocky Point that bad? I also don't mind a 20 minute cab to Westchase either. Thanks.

C'mon THP Tampa people, hook the guy up with a golf partner and ride for the day!

I'm going to see enjoy the area Saturday with clients so I definitely want to get some golf in Sunday. Is Rocky Point that bad? I also don't mind a 20 minute cab to Westchase either. Thanks.

It's mediocre at best. If you don't mind the cabbing, Westchase might be your best bet.

Thanks guys for the help, I think I'll try Westchase.

Uber just launched in the Tampa area, might be a more economical way of getting to a better course. I wouldn't bother with Rocky Pointe unless you were just itching to play.

Not to mention in mid-May, there are two events back-to-back weekends in the middle of the month. Love Is In The Air, as well as the Hopkins Wedge Testing event. Some of the central Florida people are a little busy in May haha

I wouldn't mind 36 on a Sunday in May, but I am working 12-14 daily all May as have May 31 deadline for Skilled Nursing Home clients with Medicare....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back