New driver, slight problem

Thedoswells

Reaction score
Handicap
GST 12.0
Hi. Would be grateful for any advice on this.
i have a pretty new Callaway X2 hot driver. I've been to the range with it and used it twice on the course.
there are 2 adjustable cogs on the neck for adjusting loft and lie.
When I purchased it, the shop adjusted both cogs for me to the setting chosen after my fitting.
I've adjusted it a couple of times since then.
today I tried to adjust it again, but the cog nearer the grip end of the shaft seems to be stuck solid. I cannot budge it at all.
i am reluctant to force it with tools.
i can obviously take it back, but it wondered if this is something that happens sometimes, and whether I should try something simple and safe first
thanks
steve

it might have gotten stuck or a bit of sand in it. Try taking it off and rinsing it that might help or take it back to the shop you got it from i would not force it the metal on those is thin and might get out of round if you use tools on it

Have you taken the head completely off? If it is still stuck I would go back to the store and ask them to check it out. If you mess with it and break it I will probably be more difficult to settle...

good luck!

Thanks. Yes I've taken the head completely off. But the lower cog won't budge. Sounds like its best if I take it back to the shop. Cheers

Bertha was doing this at TheKing and I believe all it took was a couple taps of the cogs on the tee marker [substitute hard surface]. Take the head off all the way of course.

Interesting. I guess there's quite a lot of force down on the cogs... Thank you...

Interesting. I guess there's quite a lot of force down on the cogs... Thank you...

Not sure anyone else has had this but it keeps happening so it's back at the shop and prob going back to callaway... Maybe they'll lend me a bertha while I'm waiting....

Back