What is the longest golf ball out there right now? Previous year version ok too

bballfan8632

Reaction score
Handicap
So I've recently gotten rid of a pesky slice and am hitting drives a lot straighter(albeit sometimes pulled straight into the woods). I'm still rather inconsistent with my longer irons and woods, so picking up some extra yards on my drives would help me out a lot to hit some shorter irons. I average maybe 225-230 yards a drive. What ball out there have you guys noticed gives the absolute best distance around? I'm not super concerned about greenside spin, I mean at my level I really dont get spin anyways so it's kind of moot. THanks!

Really up to the golfer. A Bridgestone fitting may tell you everything you need to know.

For me the 2014 B330s is the longest and then the 2012 version and then the Callaway SR2.

Wilson Staff DUO.

For me, the NXT tour and pro v1x have been giving me my best distances this year. Callaway HEX Control coming in next to those.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I also get good distance off the NXT Tour. I've heard the Pinnacle Gold is long too.

sent from The Note 3

My longest drives this year have come using a Top Flite Gamer Tour. After that, the Callaway Hex Chrome.

Admittedly, I don't play a ball with pure distance in mind. But those are the balls I've been hitting the farthest.

For me its the 2014 B330 with hydrocore

2014 B330 or SR3. I like B330 best overall.

I really really need to try these b330s already

I know that this isn't what you're looking for, but I wouldn't base your ball choice on distance. Greenside is drastically more important.

All of my longest drives this year were with a Pro V1x, but I think the Tour B330 is also long off the driver. I don't have the ideal swing speed for it, but I seem to hit it farther than the RX.

for me it is the Tour Preferred X but mileage will vary depending on player

for me it is the Tour Preferred X but mileage will vary depending on player

I was really impressed by this ball at the ultimate testing in January.

I normally try to bump and run and that works just fine for me, unless its a really tight area and I'm chipping over a bunker or hazard having a ton of spin doesnt really seem all that important IMO. With my ~90 MPH driver swing speed, would the 330-RX be best for me?

The one that fits the users swing/swing-speed.

For me, its the 2014 330-RX, Bfit confirmed.

Depends on you. I am hitting the MaxFli Fire, Titleist Velocity and Callaway Diablo Tour pretty long right now.

I was really impressed by this ball at the ultimate testing in January.

It is great just a few sleeves of lethals to go before i make the permeant switch

After getting 12 free with a four ball deal at my local golf course i have been using a Ram fx soft and have been getting about 5-10 yards more could not believe a cheaper ball was going this far. not to bad around the green for me as well. have ordered another dozen to see how i get on with them over the next month or so.

I know that this isn't what you're looking for, but I wouldn't base your ball choice on distance. Greenside is drastically more important.

Man do I disagree with this in a huge way.
Especially considering that most urethane balls spin similarly.

I have a slow swing speed under 90MPH and for me nothing comes close to the Callaway Supersoft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer to chose my ball on putter & chipping feel first, trajectory second, and then driver spin. Through extensive testing I have found I get my max distance off my driver and approach wedge shots from a ball that spins the amount I need and flies a trajectory best for my swing profile.

For me putter & chipping feel is most important because these strokes account for nearly half my score and if the ball feels like a rock or too mushy I will gain strokes. Trajectory next because I play a high ball and do not need help getting it higher so balls that ballon hurt my distance and accuracy. And last driver spin because I play a cut off the tee and need a ball that will move left to right but not so much it becomes a slice.

I play the Bridgestone a Tour B330 because it fits all of the above for me.

The nitro.. I know you will laugh .. But for distance. , I hit it the furthest . Terrible on and around the greens . But for pure distance fun , it rules

I seem to hit the NXT Tour S the farthest....but I don't actually play with it. I generally play E5's FG Tours or used Penta TP or used Pro V1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I love my SR2s.

Back