PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
Got thinking about this today.

I know every one wants to try out new grips on their putters. But the thing that sucks is if you put it on the traditional way you have to cut it off if you don't like it or want to try something else (unless you have an air compressor that is)

why not make a putter grip similar to Lock-on bike grips? all you would need is an allen key or screwdriver to swap out a grip.

like this only in a golf club style grip obviously.
http://www.odigrips.com/ruffianmxmtblock-ongrips130mm.aspx

I don't think I would want to put somethign like that on a driver where I am taking a full cut but a putter is pretty low impact so why not on there?

I think a company could make a pretty light weight setup like this.

It could work, but I think you'd have to work out weight distribution in the shaft. There's bound to be some odd weights in the locking area that could mess up your feel

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Grips are easy to remove with a removal tool......

Grips are easy to remove with a removal tool......

And what tool would that be? Because I have a superstroke on a putter that WILL NOT come off

Somebody can probably tell you what they use, but there are tools for pulling grips to reuse them. How that will work with the SS grips, I can't say.

Didn't the very first super stroke grip use an allen wrench? And a special glue to make the bond more permanent. It also weighed like 160grams.

And what tool would that be? Because I have a superstroke on a putter that WILL NOT come off

Solvent into the body of the grip will remove it. You have to inject it with a needle (tire needle) but it will activate the glue so the grip can be twisted off abs saved

When I do fittings, I don't tape on a putter grip. I use a very small amount of mineral spirit and blow the grip on. Line it up and putt. They come on and off. Thy grip doesn't move and testing is easier without cutting it off.

Back