What do you want out of your Golf Course Facebook page? Or do you even care?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
What do you want out of your Golf Course Facebook page? Or do you even care? I am the admin on the Painted Hills Facebook page. I, and others will post many different things to it. (I do it daily, others, just when necessary for them.)

Since I took it over a little over a month ago, everything about it is way up. Views, likes (up almost 37% from when I took it over, from 285 to 390), shares, post reach, engagement, comments, you name it. But I am not sure how much it's helping to get people to come to the course (if it's helping at all). We put signs up all over the clubhouse (in the bathrooms, on the bulletin boards, on the tables) reminding people that the page exists. It helps some, but not as quickly as I would like!

If you get a hole-in-one, we take your picture and put it on our page. You have a tournament, outing, even some of our banquet events will get pictures taken and put on the page. We post specials, promo codes, weather forecasts, and whatever else I can think of. We push people to go to our website to make tee times to save from paying the booking fees other sites charge. That last one is finally beginning to make some headway. As far as promo codes, not one has been used yet. I will be using it to post delays (rain, frost, etc.) so people can be aware.

But what do you look for if and when you go to your course's Facebook page? Or do you even bother? I am pretty certain that a very overwhelming percentage of our golfers never even look at it. But I enjoy the hell out of working on it and trying to make ours be better than any other course in the area. Heck, most of them rarely, if ever post on theirs. Weeks, and sometimes months go by between posts.

This is pretty simple for me. I like to see course conditions for the day and any range closures. If there is a big tournament on the course that would be nice to know. Just the fact that you update it every day is cool. My home course doesn't have anyone in charge of their page and they put something on it once a week, if that.

This is pretty simple for me. I like to see course conditions for the day and any range closures. If there is a big tournament on the course that would be nice to know. Just the fact that you update it every day is cool. My home course doesn't have anyone in charge of their page and they put something on it once a week, if that.

Exact same here. Put a tourney schedule up. Any unusual conditions. Announce demo days and specials in the clubhouse. Toss a random code word or something on there to get a % off for the day.

I dont use Facebook and I think its slowly dying for things such as this. But our course's website is fantastic in the members' section. What I like is

Daily green speeds
Course conditions
Pin Locations
They have a full maintenance schedule
They have their social schedule put up
Fitness class schedule

The biggest thing for me is a calendar of events with postings a week or two ahead of schedule at least. Especially for those days when the course will be closed half the day or a full day for a tournament. Or if there is a demo day coming or the range is closed. Things like that. I want to be able to go to a course website with a date in mind and see if I'll be able to play that day. That's really all I want.

Facebook doesn't matter to me. Just as well, my course doesn't have one. For that matter, the website can occasionally make your eyes bleed.
I usually just call the Pro Shop if I have a question. The course isn't so big or so busy that it's hard to make contact.

Other than some questionable design choices, the course website has all the scheduled events and results, HIOs, announcements, and so on. Won't get daily updates, but certainly 2x a week.

Typically just look at them for updates early season - eg when they are opening for play. I also like lots of pictures of the course bc I like to do research before I play new places and some websites lack with the pics.

If anything:

Up-to-date notices about closures, be it for weather, tourneys, etc.

Listings of Food Specials, and Special Rates for the course.

If it has that I am happy. If it has more than that, I think that is going beyond.

Back