dannyka

Reaction score
Handicap
11.0 GHIN
Hi all,

I'm kinda new to this whole golf thing (played my first round about a year ago), so I don't really know the cycle of club releases and sales yet. (I know, I know, I should pay more attention...)

I'm interested in getting a new set of irons, so I'm wondering if there is a "sales season" like the fall when it gets wetter and colder in the northern hemisphere and (presumably) play slows down.

Also, is there a time when manufacturers release new clubs? For instance, I noticed that Ping just released the G15 irons and now the G10s are $100 off. Is fall when new clubs are generally released? Or early in the spring?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the shopping for the irons almost as much as playing (almost :) ) and will appreciate any help you all can give me.

Thanks for some great info on equipment!

~Dan

There is no one time it is when new equipment comes out. For example the R9 came out late winter early spring causing the R7 limited to drop dramatically when it was just reviewed in the Golf Digest 2009 Hot List so there is no one time just find irons you like. I suggest the r7s as they are all ready low and with R9 irons coming out soon they should drop even more.

Hi all,

I'm kinda new to this whole golf thing (played my first round about a year ago), so I don't really know the cycle of club releases and sales yet. (I know, I know, I should pay more attention...)

I'm interested in getting a new set of irons, so I'm wondering if there is a "sales season" like the fall when it gets wetter and colder in the northern hemisphere and (presumably) play slows down.

Also, is there a time when manufacturers release new clubs? For instance, I noticed that Ping just released the G15 irons and now the G10s are $100 off. Is fall when new clubs are generally released? Or early in the spring?

Anyway, I'm enjoying the shopping for the irons almost as much as playing (almost :) ) and will appreciate any help you all can give me.

Thanks for some great info on equipment!

~Dan

Most companies release in the spring and the fall. Most companies fall into two types. Those that release irons once a year and those that release irons every other year. Look for 3/1 releases and 9/1 releases for new things normally. Or close by.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just start demoing and see what happens.

This is gonna be fun!

Back