salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
Tonight I had my first lesson with Mark Yannotta in NJ. He is friends with Shawn Clement from YouTube fame. I feel like I changed/improved/learned more about my swing in 45 mins than I ever have. He watched a few swings to start then we chatted about some of my goals and what I felt were my weaknesses (flip, poor release, high weak irons). His philosophy seems to be that if setup is off it affects everything else and he noticed that I wasn't setup at the right distance from the ball for me which was affecting my swing arc, balance, and power. We practiced some drills about how to approach the ball and my contact was instantly more powerful because proper release happened naturally because I wasn't dragging the club through to compensate for being off balance. I have alot of work to do but getting past this problem was amazing so fast. Can't wait to see him again.

Sounds good salisboss, keep us posted on your progress.

Sounds great! Where in NJ does your pro teach?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Awesome man. Where is he located?

Love a good lesson. Good luck going forward.

Sounds great! Where in NJ does your pro teach?

He works out of Essex Golf Center in Roseland. It is right off exit 4 of 280.

He works out of Essex Golf Center in Roseland. It is right off exit 4 of 280.

Thanks! I'm trying to find a pro further south. I like your guy's approach though. Good luck with the lessons!

Stick with it!

There are few things better than walking out of a lesson where everything just clicks.

Back