Any softball players here?

Some of the guys on my team that are hard core softball guys are leaning my toward BooBah cleats. They tell me they are comfortable like a tennis shoe, but with cleats, and they breath better. Which is good when it gets over 90* and my feet start sweating. You know I have been using a cheep pair of velcro shin guards since I was in junior leagion baseball back in the day. You'll have tone more confidence when fielding a ball and it won't hurt hardly at all taking one off the shin. No one even notices if you wear pants like I do. Sure I might look like a homer with baseball pants on, but I do it for two reasons. 1) To hide my shin guards, and 2) I don't like sliding on my bear leg and tearing up my legs and ass as my shorts slide up. No thanks!

I'm sure if I was playing on travel teams or Tourney teams ya I'd buy some better shoes, but for Mon/Wed night league with 1 hour time limit games with a nice Pair of soccer socks I could care less about a little less sweat. And as for sliding I fixed that; I don't bother sliding :). Game's not important enough, esp after I already tore the skin off my knee and popped some ligament in my wrist trying to protect my knee the 2 times I did try to slide. Now if you are playing in Tournaments and playing 3 games a day in the middle of the day by all means grab ya some nice shoes and an extra pair of socks.

I don't wear pants but I do wear high soccer socks so I'm thinking the shin guards will do me good for those come backers, and I know the wife will be happier with me for it so win win lol.

Some of the guys on my team that are hard core softball guys are leaning my toward BooBah cleats. They tell me they are comfortable like a tennis shoe, but with cleats, and they breath better. Which is good when it gets over 90* and my feet start sweeting. You know I have been using a cheep pair of velcro shin guards since I was in junior leagion baseball back in the day. You'll have tone more confidence when fielding a ball and it won't hurt hardly at all taking one off the shin. No one even notices if you wear pants like I do. Sure I might look like a homer with baseball pants on, but I do it for two reasons. 1) To hide my shin guards, and 2) I don't like sliding on my bear leg and tearing up my legs and ass as my shorts slide up. No thanks!

I swear by the Boombah mesh turf shoes. They called them Trails. They were super lite and really comfy. They also had good support also.

I play B level ASA here in CT and have played in tons of tourneys.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Some of the guys on my team that are hard core softball guys are leaning my toward BooBah cleats. They tell me they are comfortable like a tennis shoe, but with cleats, and they breath better. Which is good when it gets over 90* and my feet start sweeting. You know I have been using a cheep pair of velcro shin guards since I was in junior leagion baseball back in the day. You'll have tone more confidence when fielding a ball and it won't hurt hardly at all taking one off the shin. No one even notices if you wear pants like I do. Sure I might look like a homer with baseball pants on, but I do it for two reasons. 1) To hide my shin guards, and 2) I don't like sliding on my bear leg and tearing up my legs and ass as my shorts slide up. No thanks!

Boombahs are comfy, but they don't last for anything.

Boombahs are comfy, but they don't last for anything.

Ended up getting some Under Armor mid's on sale at Dick's for $39.99. Hopefully they work well and last as long as my Mizuno's did. They are lighter and look better to say the least.

Sent from my Samsug Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Love playing softball. Its the best time of the year

I am in a Central Park league - we made it to the playoffs last year (our first season together) team balls deep!

Played B and A ball when my wife and I lived in Texas from '98-'04. Pulled a sponsorship from Mizuno and was the first player in Texas to swing the Mizuno Techfire bat when it came out. Hottest bad I've ever touched, literally hit a farm house behind the center field fence in Joplin, Mo at the World tournament. Locals said it was 450 ft. I don't believe it but its a cool story. :wink:

Had a chance to play for RFC Mizuno (not sure if they're still around) out of Wichita in 2003 but at that point I was burned out on softball and officially hung it up. A decision (not playing for RFC) that I regret to this day. That team was stacked with talent!

Spring season ends tonight with the playoffs. Busted up my Mizuno Wrath last week...rest in peace and so need to find another one. Really enjoyed the pop of that bad boy. Summer season begins this week in 3 different leagues, should be fun! Summer, golf and softball keeps me excited all season.

I played company softball until 3 years ago when I sprained my shoulder and couldn't golf for the entire summer.

Never again.

I am in a Central Park league - we made it to the playoffs last year (our first season together) team balls deep!

My buddy lives in Hoboken and is playing in the Central Park League as well. Any chance there an italian guy named Chris that wears glasses on your team?

Took home first place in the Spring league. Last game ended after 3 innings...everybody was just peppering the ball. Bring on Summer Leagues baby! Finally going to play in a "mature" league this summer as well, should be fun.

Looking foward to starting Summer ball tomorrow night. First game is at 7 and I'm sad to say none of the major networks are going to be picking up the game for broadcast. Sorry guys! lol

I played baseball growing up. When I was 16, hung up the cleats, and then with the strike in '94, lost all interest in it. My brother has been a baseball junkie since we were kids, and he's played softball for close to 15 years on different teams. He had a guy move in the middle of the seaons a couple of years ago, and asked if I wanted to fill in. I said sure, why not. I needed something mroe active apart from just golf. I had to buy a glove and cleats. That was probabl a mistake because I realized that year how much I missed team sports. I played again last summer, and then lobbied for our team to play int he spring league as well this year. We SUCK, but it's fun. WE won two games last summer, and haven't won any yet this year, but, we've had 3 games rained out out of 5 so far. It's till wicked fun. WE have the same team together form the last couple of years with a few changes here and there and have a blast. I was a horrible batter in baseball - one reason I gave it up - but have a fairly decent average in softball. Hit my first ever homerun last week, so I was excited. But my wife was mad because she wasn't there, and now I've told her she can't come anymore if I will bat like that when she's not there.

My buddy lives in Hoboken and is playing in the Central Park League as well. Any chance there an italian guy named Chris that wears glasses on your team?
Hey hey! Sorry I just saw this now - we had our 2nd double header last Saturday - honestly, we go by the nicknames on the back of our jerseys - our team name is "balls deep"

Hey hey! Sorry I just saw this now - we had our 2nd double header last Saturday - honestly, we go by the nicknames on the back of our jerseys - our team name is "balls deep"

Chris most likely goes by "Hollywood"

I batted leadoff and went 5 for 5 with 4 singles and a triple, 2 Runs and 4 RBI's in our first game of the year on last Wednesday. We won 18-14 as well. We have another game tonight but I'll be missing that due to the fact I back at my parents/hometown. Legit reason too, as my Mom retired today from teaching high school for almost the last 40 years. She's spent the last 34 in the same room and office.

I can't play softball anymore because of my knees and ankles...I can't run. I can still hit, and I can pitch, but that's it.

The last time I played was in '99 with my church. I didn't think I would survive the season. LOL.

Just won a 2013 OneFU Dawg on the bay for a great deal. PayPal had some money from some previous goods departing. Golf converted to softball, that's a first for me. Can't wait to get it! Miss my Mizuno Wrath that imploded a few weeks ago. Some great reviews and a couple guys absolutely rave about it.

EDIT: The dawg came in today(6/8), ready to clear some fences!

LtEvOtApPeD B4

Last edited:
We play in a semi competitive league her in great bend ks, have won 2 out of last 3 championships, didn't play in last years tournament because they put it on a weekend and we all had a gold tournament that we weren't going to miss

Been on a slump for a few weeks, but finally put one over the fence tonight with the FU Dawg. Such a sweet bat! Our new jerseys came in and must say the guy putting them together did an outstanding job. Well, aside from the bronco's colors...have a look:
IMAG1282.jpg

IMAG1283.jpg

destroyed the team we played this week. The pitcher was this total bro who threw the first 2 pitches 20 feet outside (I took them both) and he proceeds to loudly proclaim "great, another one of THOSE guys." I slugged the next pitch into the next field for a homer. We scored 30 on him that game :)

So I was really pissed after my game last night and need to air something out.

Last inning we are down by 1 I was a bat and fouled a ball off to the right side. One of my teammates opens the gate to go get the ball so I step out to practice swing, get reset in the box, go to look at the pitcher and then hear the umpire behind me ask where the ball is...I look back at him confused ( I didn't watch when we threw the ball back in regrettably) start to ask my bench to throw in another ball, and hear the ball hit in front of the catcher. The Umpire then looks at me and says "That's strike 3 man". Well now I'm confused and pissed. I tell him "How is that strike three when you are the reason I didn't get to swing?" He just shrugs his shoulders and tells me he can't do anything about it......I'm sitting here thinking, your the umpire, how can you NOT DO anything about it? Ump then says time has expired, The next guy hits a deep ball out to end the game with us losing by 1...kind of..not really sure considering the ump had the game 13-12 them and our girl in the stands had us with 14 runs..plus we felt we should have had a few more minutes of time. SO in conclusion....I was struck out in slow pitch softball by a pitchers hidden ball trick.../sigh

I know we play in a glorified beer league for the most part (City league division 3 atm) but I can't help be feel....IDK pissed? Betrayed? Slighted?

USSSA rules: I'm not really blaming the Pitcher as much as the Umpire for his part in this fiasco but:
Pitchers legal motions allowed in actual delivery of the pitch.

After assuming the pitching position on the pitchers plate or in the pitching area, the pitcher must present the ball in FRONT OF HIS BODY ( for at least one second) in either one or both hands before starting the delivery motions.
Effect sec 9 a-e in each case an unfairly delivered ball shall be declared a ball by the umpire.
Or if Ump declares Dead ball pitch the ball is simply re-pitched

Not sure how pulling a hidden ball trick does not go against this rule.

2 local Rules:
Gates into the field must be closed before game can resume. (Player was still closing the gate during the pitch)
Only base coaches for the hitting team my be on the field of play (Same player was then still on the field and not in the dugout)

Some one help me sort through this, do I have a right to be upset or does the "two feet in the batters box" really just throw everything out the window? Need some Closure as I'm very sleepy since I (not proud of it) couldn't go to sleep till around 1 am b/c I kept running everything through my head.

Not a big league, but a fun relaxing one. Got an email of congrats which was pretty cool:

Hello,
Congratulations to “Team Net Source” on winning the 2013 Adult Summer Over 45 league tournament.
Thank you to all the teams that participated this summer in the Monday night Over 45 league at deKoevend Park.
In the above attachment is the 2013 adult fall softball information, we are currently taking registration for our fall leagues which will begin the week of September 2.
Once again thank you for playing at South Suburban this summer.
Thank you,
Butch

LtEvOtApPeD B4

The umpire should have seen you looking at him for clarification and declared a no pitch (if I read it right). But it's always in your best interest to step out of the box before.

LtEvOtApPeD B4

Back