Voice Caddie T1 Hybrid Golf Watch Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This the latest product from Voice Caddie, a brand that we are seeing get more and more use as time goes by. This is what they are calling a 'hybrid' watch, in that it offers GPS and other golf features, as well as tracking for both running and cycling.

Price is $189.

Golf features include: Front, back, middle distance readings; shot distance; scorecard; swing tempo meter
Fitness features include: distance, speed, and calories burned.

Some pics - threw in a few of the Bushnell Neo X to give a good comparison in size since I know the question will come up. I've used this for a few rounds and will have some thoughts soon.

DSCN4736-L.jpg

DSCN4740-L.jpg

DSCN4745-L.jpg

DSCN4744-L.jpg

DSCN4752-L.jpg

DSCN4742-L.jpg

DSCN4748-L.jpg

Bushnell
DSCN4749-L.jpg

That's cool, I like the multi use (running cycling) for this as well. I also have a pebble and I've played a few rounds with it and it doesn't hinder my golf swing, so I'm not opposed to the watches as much as I was in the past.

• Staff
First of all, I've used a watch for GPS off and on for two years now, so I feel both comfortable using one and comfortable with what makes one good/not as good. As mentioned, I used this for some rounds this weekend, as well as my other watch for comparison's sake.

A few observations:

-This is a pretty large watch. Tall and has a big circumference. Strap is also just bulkier than I'm used to. This all had me a bit concerned coming in, but after using it (at one point for 36 holes in a day) it was a non-issue to me. I do know we are a little different there though.

-Getting started is easy. It automatically picks up the course and starts you out.

-Recognizes tee boxes and greens and has auto-advance. Can manually advance holes as well. No hiccups noticed. Distances appeared correct each time.

-Scorecard feature didn't do much for me. It's a multibutton task - ie you have to the hit the 'score' button and then push the button each time for a stroke. Problem I had was forgetting to enter it on one hole and I couldn't figure out how to go back and correct that. I'm sure the manual will help, but obviously didn't have it with me on the course.

-Shot tracker is nice in that you get the shot distance, but it displays distance to the green on the same screen.

-Couldn't get the tempo thing to work, but I was dry swinging. Might need a ball for that, in which case I'll use it at the range. Just not something I want to think about or mess with while playing.

It's definitely a bit bulkier than I had anticipated, but I absolutely love the design of this one.

Saw the white ones the other day and would probably buy one for the looks alone.

Love the multi purpose usage that can take place with this one

• Staff
FYI, the battery life is advertised as 8 hours in GPS mode. I played 36 holes with it in 6 hours and it was still going strong. Didn't get a chance to run it all the way out.

This is perfect for you Hawk. An all around golf watch/gps system.

• Staff
This is perfect for you Hawk. An all around golf watch/gps system.

Talk about timing too. I actually was looking for something like this for biking. Already bought a phone cradle for my bike though. Still, a nice feature.

No Hazard distances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the hybrid aspect of this but prefer the square face look.

The lack of hazards bothers me also as I use that frequently when determining layup numbers, etc.

Actually really like the look of this.

Look forward to hearing more thoughts on it.

GPS watches do require a bit of a compromise - extra functionality for ease of use, convenience and portability to be specific. It is definitely interesting using this one after having used another brand (two generations) for a while.

I do miss the ability to get distances to hazards. Really, I think it's just a mandatory thing to have right now, especially given the fact that the competition does it. To me, this is a rather large issue.

There is some functionality that I think is better, and some that is less convenient. Hole advance is automatic (standard in every GPS watch I've seen), but manual hole advance is a two button task. While not a chore, it is just a little less convenient. Shot distance is great in that you can see distance to the hole and the shot distance simultaneously.

The athletic functions are nice and something I think certain people will enjoy. Definitely adds value to the product if it is your thing.

The size would be a negative in my mind. A watch is already bordering on obtrusive in some peoples' minds, so one that is larger than others loses a little appeal. I will reiterate that it wasn't an issue for me on the course, but if you are already borderline with watches it could be.

FYI, the battery life is advertised as 8 hours in GPS mode. I played 36 holes with it in 6 hours and it was still going strong. Didn't get a chance to run it all the way out.

36 holes in 6-hours. That's amazing.

Just two of us, but yea - we got around pretty quickly that day.

Back