Finally Broke 80!!! Shot 79 today!!

Aggie

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
79!!!

Man, I feel great. I cannot remember ever breaking 80, even when I played high school golf, but since I took nearly a decade off of golf before restarting last fall, I am going to go ahead and say this is the first time.

For reference, my previous best since restarting last November was an 86.

Today was on a 74.0 slope course playing to about 6800 yards and I had two birdies.

Made some long par saves, and a couple long bogey saves too. I also had two three putts and a double bogey, making it even sweeter.

Now that I have made it over this hurdle, I just know it will not be on my mind anymore. I can just go out and play golf and I know I can do it!

Figured I'd share my joy with the good folks here at Hackers Paradise. :)

Congratulations Aggie!

Congrats! That a huge milestone!

Congratulations. Breaking 80 anywhere is a good feeling, and it looks like you did it on a tough course!

Congrats. Great accomplishment.

Congrats!

Great job Aggie! :clapp:

Thanks you guys for the well wishes!

For those of you who have already made it over this milestone, is it easier to do the next time out? Is the confidence you get from doing it something you carry with you from then on?

Somehow I just feel so confident that I can actually keep doing this and get a lot better!

It's all mental isn't it!

First time I broke 80 I believe my next round was like a 95 and the worst round of the year. I hope that does not happen to you :bulgy-eyes:

Congrats and great job!

First time I broke 80 I believe my next round was like a 95 and the worst round of the year. I hope that does not happen to you :bulgy-eyes:

Lol! Hope not! But if it does I will laugh it off and remember your post!:clap:

Way to go Aggie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Way to Aggie! You right it is a lot more mental. Something about having reached the goal once, I can do it again...seems to help. Remember, golf is fickle and we can all speak to that. Keep at it, you'll do it again soon!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well done Aggie, congrats on the new PB.

Congrats! Wish i could do that one day!

Well done buddy! Keep it going

Congrats! Wish i could do that one day!

You'll get there bud! Believe me I sure didn't think today was the day when I woke up!

Congratulations!

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Congrats Aggie! My single round of 79 is the single greatest highlight of my golfing career, I can still remember every shot.

Congrats Aggie! My single round of 79 is the single greatest highlight of my golfing career, I can still remember every shot.

Let's do it again! :)

Congrats, that's awesome!!!

Way to go aggie

Well played sir!

Great shooting! Congratulations.

Back