Switchgrips - Grip changes made easy?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Ooh, I like the sounds of that. Could be really neat to be able to easily change or customize your grip without having to fully regrip. Intrigued as well.

Switchgrips - Grip changes made easy?

Interesting for sure. I don't have the urge to color coordinate grips but the weight features are very intriguing.

Ostrich sounds expensive.

Cool stuff. We'll see how it turns out down the road

Sounds like a great idea, customization is always a good thing.

I'm intrigued.... Can't wait to see and read more about these.

This is pretty interesting. I like the idea of being able to change sizes and counterweights without wasting $20 of grip doing so. They might have something here.

Interesting Idea might be worth a try

Most golfers put there putter grip on and forget about it. I can't see color coordinating my grip to my shoes or shirt. I just don't see much of a market for these.

Pretty darn cool.

Forum testing is needed me thinks. :)

The process of innovation and invention is always spawned out of a problem. Interesting, but those grips had better perform. The picture wasn't very enticing, but the theory has endless potential.

~Rock

This is taking customization to the next level, and honestly I am surprised this hasn't been thought of previously. Depending on price and selection, I would definitely have interest in this.

I like the idea, not too sure how often I would change out grips but I do like the counter weight option.

Sounds interesting, but I'd rather just use air and change grips completely if I feel like it

Seems like this would be a good competitor for using air to install them. That being said, I don't touch my grips once they're on until it's time to replace them or I have a new club that needs a grip

There's probably a good reason why companies haven't embraced this grip methodology. The grip in the photo looks like it would produce terrible "feel", which no one would want to sacrifice for convenience. Changing a putter grip is already easy anyway.

I like the idea on the putter. Not just the grip change, the counter balance us more intriguing to me. Depends what options and style as well as price point. Don't change much but interesting for sure.

Would be interesting to see ribbed grips with this kind of tech. As ehamady.6 stated, they don't seem like there would be any feel, and having another link in the chain could throw some stuff off. I hope it does work though, because I'll be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so everyone knows, the Switch Grips website www.switchgripsusa.com will be launching this week. It's a PGA Tour proven success. The CEO is currently working with a multitude of PGA Professionals to continue the R&D of the product. It gained a lot of headway at the Players Championship. They're currently working with Henrik Stenson for a custom grip. The website will show you how easy it is to put your Switch Grip on and to change the weight.

Going to be interesting if they can use the name or if they are in any way affiliated with Turbo Grip. They have the rights to Switch Grip for bowling products and not sure that it would carry over in to other industries. Seems to be a similar thought as the switch grips in bowling balls.

I missed this before, but dang this is a cool idea. Imagine you sell a putter on the MP and you don't have to worry about the grip being "wrong" for the buyer. They could just swap it out with what they want. Click, clack, done.

And then there's Keygan and his fancy outfits. He could have a gold grip to match the gold belt he wore at the Indy event.

that sounds like a hell of an idea. excited to see where this progresses

Back