TaylorMade R1 Black Driver Preview

Taylormade long one of my favorite companies, now they go and make the R1 even better. I have hit he white version and while the white I've become used to, not a huge fan of he orange and black graphics on the crown. This black version is beautiful. My poor 913 is shaking, this black R1 may soon be mine.

Big congrats, guys. This is awesome! Makes me wanna go pick up some TMAG sticks.

Congrats guys! That is really awesome of TM to do that.

Wow! :taylormade: has outdone itself, enjoy the awesomeness of that black r1 fellas!

TM knocked it absolutely out of the park. So cool of them to do that. Hope you enjoy it Tequila and Philly!

As a proud owner of the R-9, Burner, Burner 2.0, Rocketballz and R-11s (all still in the shack) I can honestly say I will be getting this without reservation. I am actually thinking of sending the R-11 to a shop mentioned here on this web-site that will Matte Paint the head for me and after seeing the Taylormade CEO on the hidden boss t.v. show, I realize they really care about their customers, staff and products they produce. looking forward to putting yet another Taylormade gem in the bag! ?

You misread what I wrote, I didn't say I struggled to hit it, I struggled with the white color and looking down at it. I waited to see if the white thing was a phase and after 2 years I figured it wasn't a phase and finally committed to putting one in my bag. I experimented over the last 2 years, bought a R11, RBZ and Stage 2, struggled with the white and then finally committed to the R1 as the performance was better then my R9. The worst part is 2 days after putting the R1 in the bag, it received 2 idiot marks on the crown where it bounced off an iron. So now I not only have to stare at a white head, but a white head with 2 paint chips filled in lol. But whatever, its just a golf club.

Send it to continental golf and for 45 bucks you can have a custom black R1.. I sent my RBZ there and had it finished in flat black looks awesome. They will be getting my R1 for the same treatment at the end of the season..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unreal. Way to go Taylormade!

Someone's what are you going to do with your old r1?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
I have hardly gotten that far in my thinking...still getting over the shock of the gift. I expect I will be parting with the original, details are TBD.

Wow, that is awesome guys!! Congrats!!! That is one good looking club! Can't wait to hear what you guys think!

I got to see this in person when I played with JB, and I can say it is stunning in person. I didn't mind the graphics on the R1 when I actually used it, but they were terrible to look at. The black on black graphics on these are simple, yet accomplish the same goal it is truly a great looking driver.

And it is so cool of TM to send these out, congrats.

Of course I have an out of town wedding this weekend; it figures.

I plan on taking both R1's for a little side by side comparison as soon as I can. Only quality balls, no beat up range balls. I keep looking at it and am real impressed with the crown; very subtle and sleek.

Taps away

Of course I have an out of town wedding this weekend; it figures.

I plan on taking both R1's for a little side by side comparison as soon as I can. Only quality balls, no beat up range balls. I keep looking at it and am real impressed with the crown; very subtle and sleek.

Taps away

It really is subtle, it looks great.

After hitting the White R1 at the outing I fell in love. I like the look of the black better to be honest. If I hadn't just bought my AMP this would of taken my money

Congrats dudes! That is amazing. I think this is going to be the driver that brings me back to TM. Have not owned one since the ST

That is really awesome dudes. Taylormade is awesome!

Congrats guys, that's amazing. Another reason why my bag is dominated by TM.

Saw what TM did on Twitter, that's amazing. What great service and really makes you realize they appreciate customer opinions.

How amazing!!! Top notch move from Taylormade!!!

I would become a male dancer for a night, if my wife didn't mind, to earn the cash for a black R1. Those crown graphics are so subtle, I absolutely love it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

:laughing: Thats funny jlukes.

I just placed an order for a Black R1 with a White Tie 6x3. The R1 is the driver I am replacing my beloved Amp Cell Masters Edition with after I lost a bet two weeks ago.
Congrats to Tequila and Philly.

:laughing: Thats funny jlukes.

I just placed an order for a Black R1 with a White Tie 6x3. The R1 is the driver I am replacing my beloved Amp Cell Masters Edition with after I lost a bet two weeks ago.
Congrats to Tequila and Philly.
Thanks! Damn, that is a brutal bet. I think you will be very happy with the R1 Black / White Tie combo.

That is outstanding...well done TaylorMade!

LtEvOtApPeD B4

Way to go TM. I have been waiting to see one in person since I made the original post a month ago.

I always knew TaylorMade was an outstanding company , Conratulations on your upgrades to the Black R1 guys , What an Awesome thing for TaylorMade to do !

Well done TMAG.

Well done.

Back