What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time out with my R1. Got a quick 9 in with a +2 37. Nice bounce back round. Always room for improvement too.

40/38. Best round of the year but it could have been better. Chunked a few shots and missed 4 birdie putts inside 10 feet. I did hit 11/14 fairways though which was the most I have hit in a long time.

Walked 9 after work, course was wet but playable. After shooting a 100 this past weekend, was looking to get back on track. Did I ever!

+5 41 with no birdies even. I have no driver, didn't hit anything over a 4i, played the 2 closing holes, long par 4s, as par 5 holes and bogeyed both. Was 3 over through 7!!!

Weird it was overcast, no wind, heavy air but everything was flying. From memory, hit an 8 175 to back rough on a par 5, hit a GW 130, it was strange but I wasn't complaining. Looking forward to 7:45 tee time tomorrow!

40 (+4)

Bogeyed the first 3 holes; just wasn't hitting greens and making putts. Only missed one fairway.

Great rounds Amol and Randy! Congrats!

42 (+6) with 19 ugly putts, including three bad three jacks.

I finally did it. 78, 7 greens, 9 fairways, 28 putts, 2 birds, 6 up & downs.
null_zpsea3e2b3c.jpg

I puked all over myself today. My tee ball is a hideous mess of snap hooks and poor contact. I also hit two balls OB today (one was an 8 iron on a par 3) and had a mess of missed short putts. The worst part was that every one of those putts was stroked like I wanted and just didn't go in. Bleh.

6ehevesu.jpg

null_zpsea3e2b3c.jpg
Great job, Jack! Congratulations! Very impressive with the 28 putts.

Great job, Jack! Congratulations! Very impressive with the 28 putts.

I don't remember the last time i had more than 29 putts... But thank you, it's been a long time coming and it does feel good.

null_zpsea3e2b3c.jpg

First time breaking 80? I bet you start breaking 80 regularly now that you've done it once.

Shot a 4 over for 5 holes. I was very happy how I played, but on the last I missed the putt for bogey. Golf is very funny sometimes.

Shot a 4 over for 5 holes. I was very happy how I played, but on the last I missed the putt for bogey. Golf is very funny sometimes.

Why only 5 holes?

I subbed on a league tonight. We played Best Ball (we shot 39 as a team) but I kept my score too, and I shot 41 from the blues. We usually play the whites and it was my best nine since at least last September.

Was 4 over going into the last hole but took a double to finish. Think I will keep playing the blues for a while! (It's a shorter course, as we have six par threes).

Back to the course tonight for 9 holes. Still swinging timid but much improved after a rough start, going bogey/par/bogey/bogey and turning in a +2 38 from there in.

Lots to build on. Great things.

38..thats the dan we know

Had a really weird round today. Shot 11 over 35 for nine holes, same as I've shot the previous two times I went out, and matching my best score. I'm a 30+ handicap.

But I hit 1/9 fairways and 0/9 greens. With 14 putts (1.6 putts per hole). Including a 3-putt.

Funny part was how I got there...on the first and eight holes I shot +3 and +4 respectively due to getting stuck in the woods. But I had my first and second chip ins from the fringe ever! Aside from skulling one, my chipping was fantastic.

So far I've shaved about 5 strokes off per 9 holes since I've focused on my chipping. I do everything with a 58* lob wedge. No calculations or craziness, I just look at the hole and let my brain do all the work, just swing the club easy and let the ball fly and then run up and stop.

I do need to leave the 3 wood at home...it's just not working. Not consistent enough aim and ball flight. So I will play with a 5 hybrid as my longest club, then my 7-GW irons, 54, and 58. Really focus on my short game and try to play bogey golf.

I had planned on just playing a few holes after work last night but ended up playing a full round as someone I knew was looking for a partner to play in the midweek medal. I started par, double, triple and was thinking I shouldn't have bothered but ended up shooting 42 / 36 for 78 (+7). I was really pleased that I didn't allow my terrible start to affect me and kept it together, hitting the next 5 GIR helped although I played them in +1. I played the back 9 in level par with birdies on both the par 5s, 2 putt birdie on 11 and a putt from 4' on 13, which was the first time for a while. In the end I was quite pleased that I had played 18 holes but after 3 holes I was having second thoughts.

Great comeback gillesam.

Nice rounds Dan, gillesam, and Oregon Jack.

Shot 38-41---79

Shoot one good score and now everything else is mediocre.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Carded a 51 over 9 holes yesterday. New irons take some adjusting. Had a chance to card a much better score, but the final hole approach shot stuck to the lip of the greenside bunker like glue, and carded a 3-over 8 to finish. On that same hole, I hit a shot fat and bent my brand new 4 iron. So it's on the phone with TaylorMade after the holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back