Shoulder Tilt at Address

leftyrighty

Reaction score
Handicap
Freddie,

I have a feeling my shoulder tilt at address was all wrong. Feeling like I was too late flat. That would make me open at address and hit pulls and cut/slices correct? Would you say the correct amount is if the buttons of your shirt point down toward inside left foot?

Also wondering if the fact that my right forearm is higher at address could be causing some issues?

Thanks

Freddie,

I have a feeling my shoulder tilt at address was all wrong. Feeling like I was too late flat. That would make me open at address and hit pulls and cut/slices correct? Would you say the correct amount is if the buttons of your shirt point down toward inside left foot?

Also wondering if the fact that my right forearm is higher at address could be causing some issues?

Thanks
We have one issue here, alignment. If your right forearm is higher then your left then you right shoulder is out in front of your left. The right forearm should sit slightly lower than the left. This will also line up the shoulders.

Now the shoulder tilt issue. A slight tilt to the spine is all you need. Maybe an inch difference between the right and left shoulders.

We have one issue here, alignment. If your right forearm is higher then your left then you right shoulder is out in front of your left. The right forearm should sit slightly lower than the left. This will also line up the shoulders.

Now the shoulder tilt issue. A slight tilt to the spine is all you need. Maybe an inch difference between the right and left shoulders.
Ok so do you think by closing my shoulders the forearms should get lined up? I typically have a weak right hand grip and that might be contributing. I agree I have an alignment problem

Ok so do you think by closing my shoulders the forearms should get lined up? I typically have a weak right hand grip and that might be contributing. I agree I have an alignment problem
If you relax you right arm the forearm will fall into place.

Ok so relax it so the right forearm is slightly lower. I have had it out straight and firm

This is spot on. Your current setup will lead to pulls and the occasional slice when you don't get the face squared.

This is spot on. Your current setup will lead to pulls and the occasional slice when you don't get the face squared.
That is exactly what I was facing. Cuts sometimes slices and then some straight. Played some holes with relaxed right arm and some spine tilt and drove the ball really well and irons were pretty good. Going to take some getting use to

Back