Further fitting this time for a wedge, hybrid & fairway wood

Essex.UK

Reaction score
Handicap
Just an update really, I have been back to the fitter who sorted me out with Speedblades (AW to 5 iron). I had another great time and learnt a lot. I ended up with a Taylormade tour preferred wedge 56 degrees and 12 bounce. He is going to grind more off the heal for me to give greater relief when I open the face. After testing several (Ping, Taylormade) The hybrid is a X2 Hot 4H, he was in between that and the 3h but felt it would mean to keep a even gap to my 5 iron I would have to really flush my 5 often which I cannot always do. We then looked at the fairway and again it was the X2 Hot, I will be getting a 4 wood as the higher loft will give me a better launch ( I am not a high hitter) and I believe a slightly shorter shaft. So my bag will now look a lot simpler with just the driver to sort out on another visit by then the Ping G30 will be available to try.
I now just have to be patient and wait for them to come in. With all the fitting, custom grind shafts and grips plus his expertise for over an hour the clubs cost about £5.00 more than from a big golf store.
Very happy
:act-up:

Back