Spork vs Spoon Straw

Spork all day long, and I don't know how it's even debatable. One is one of the greatest inventions of our generation. The other is one that was probably created on accident by someone after biting off part of their straw, and serves absolutely no purpose. :D

Spork. Multi-tasker. Can be used for proteins as well as liquids.
Spoon straw seems to do Slurpies well, probably better than a spork. But that's IT.

And the first time I saw a spork, I thought "Cool". First spoon straw? "cheap-azz straw broke".

Also, I can make my daughter laugh by saying "spork spork spork" and pretending to be the Swedish Chef. Big bonus points there.

Spork all the way. A lot more versatile than the spoon straw.

Spoon straw in my opinion is just a novelty thing.

I choose no favorite, they both serve different purposes in my eyes, I don't consider there to be many times I would contemplate which one to use in a given situation

Late to the party, but Spork all the way.

Spork. Besides, it has history! Find me a silver spoon-straw and maybe I'll reconsider.

Even better is the combined fork, knife, spoon. Why Samuel Francis thought tacking a knife onto the side of the spork was a good idea, is beyond me. Oh well.

US147119-0.png

There is a reason the spork is called the perfect utensil. JB wins hands down.

Gotta be the spork for almost anything. However, if I need to drink a beverage efficiently and must use a utensil, I will cut the spoon off of the spoon straw and use it.

Gotta go with spork for the majority of foods but the spoon straw rules the world of ICEE

The spoon straw has cut my lip before so I don't use them if I can help it. The spork sometimes fails me when stabbing a tasty morsel which falls off and doesn't make it to my mouth.

Spoon straws are trying to kill me with a thousand cuts.
Sporks are trying to make me starve.

I'll take starvation by spork instead of bleeding anyday.

Clearly you hand no idea what you are taking about. The spoon straw is way better.

I was thinking about this one last night.

Spoon straw has some utility. Root beer floats and milkshakes are better with a spoon straw. Slushies also are better with them.

When you really think about it, though, when do you need a spork rather than a spoon? Sporks have a nostalgia factor, because they remind me of cafeteria food when I was a little kid. Otherwise, it's something that I usually get at a third-rate BBQ place that's too cheap for spoons and forks.

Spoon straws definitely win on usefulness. Sporks have no unique use, as spoons can easily substitute.

Let me answer this as uncontroversial as possible....

You ever tried to eat mashed potatoes and gravy with a spoonstraw?

You ever tried to drink the melted half of a slurpee with a spork?

Spork and it isn't even close.

Be the ball!!

Spork wins. The spoon straw is the bane of all slurpee drinkers. They are the worst thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think gg is a little rattled by all these spork lovers/spoon straw haters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is world class. I laughed the entire way through and missed at least 15 min of the Open. Thanks guys.

Now consider this. No one has advanced the fact that the fork end of the venerable spork is just about as useless as the spoon end of the spoon straw. I want to see someone eat spaghetti with a spork.

I got your back GG.

edit: just noticed that atlgolfer kinda said the same thing, I concur!

Spork, all day everyday!

The spork. Sorry Morgan lol the spork is like top 15 inventions of all time. It's the best of both worlds!

The spoon straw is great for what it is intended for. Is it intended to be a full blown spoon that I am going to eat pudding with? No. But it is great at picking up that last little bit of ice cream in a root beer float.

Sporks can be used on more food items so they are better in they bring more overall value compared to the spoon straw. The best thing about a spork is that plastic forks suck hard so anyway you can avoid plastic forks is a win.

So the real answer to the question is a spork straw.
sporkstraw_zps14ffb035.jpg

This thread is world class. I laughed the entire way through and missed at least 15 min of the Open. Thanks guys.

Now consider this. No one has advanced the fact that the fork end of the venerable spork is just about as useless as the spoon end of the spoon straw. I want to see someone eat spaghetti with a spork.

I got your back GG.

edit: just noticed that atlgolfer kinda said the same thing, I concur!

Spaghetti takes two sporks so you can twirl it and a spoon straw to get the remaining sauce.

I never use either but I remember when I was younger I used to hate when I had a slurpee and no spoon straw. I don't ever remember a single time in my life where I wished I had a spork. ATL won me over on this debate. I'm going spoon straw.

Two items:

1. Shirley Spork, one of the 13 founding members of the LPGA, is well known for her teaching ability. Beginning n 1960, she served as the chairperson of the LPGA Teaching Division for six consecutive years.

2. When setting the table, does the spork go on the left and spoon straw on the right or what?

Back