Cleveland Deuce golf club

majBC

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this golf club?
It was a 16°, about 300cc golf club, Cleveland introduced around the time of the Hi-bore or just after.
I think it was a tee club and as I remember very easy to hit and gave a nice high ball flight. Just curious, I can't find anything on it.

Really, no one remembers this club.

I still have a Callaway Big Bertha "The Deuce" from back in the day. Is that what you are referring too?

I still have a Callaway Big Bertha "The Deuce" from back in the day. Is that what you are referring too?

No, this was Cleveland's idea of a 2-wood and as I remember it was to large to hit off the fairway, about 300 to 350cc and 16° of loft. It came out just after the Hi-bore driver, I think. It was marketed for the slower swing speed player as a driver. I don't remember if it was scooped out on top like the Hi-Bore was.
I couldn't have been the only one that saw it. I didn't have one but hit it on a monitor a few times.

My friend broke his 3 wood last week and broke out his old Deuce. He killed it off the deck.

I believe somewhere in my family is our old and used by everyone Callaway Big Bertha 2 wood aka "The Deuce"

Yeah the one I am thinking of is a Callaway.

Are you thinking about the HiBore 2W? If so, that thing still brings a pretty penny.

Just might be, probably why I couldn't find it on ebay either. It was 16* and about 300cc in size.

Back