10 days and counting without a regular cigarette. Received the Killer Zombie (pretty good) and Pumpkin Spice (I actually REALLY like this flavor) from Juiceray a couple days ago, and I ordered a few more flavors from Vaperite.

Unfortunately one of my clearos seems to have stopped working completely. It had intermittent problems from the beginning, so I washed it out completely, let it dry, and blew through it to make sure that it wasn't clogged (doesn't seem to be). I've ordered a couple more, though.

Nicotine replacement and cancer drugs = Big Pharma $$$$
Cigarettes = Big Tobacco $$$$
E-Cigs = A threat to both industries.

Wonder where these studies come from?

Don't forget about the loss of tax revenue!

Both industries that have huge (I mean HUGE) lobbies in government.

The fact that I feel so much better than I ever did while smoking is reason enough for me to continue vaping. Also, I have probably cut my nicotine intake by quite a bit. If I forget my vape gear at home, I don't really sweat it. If I were to forget my cigs somewhere, I would immediately have to stop somewhere to buy some.

I have serious doubts about the veracity and rectitude of that site.

The German Cancer Research Center, Heildelberg is not a valid source for you? Why?

BTW I have been Cigarette free for 15 years, I was a two pack a dayer.

The German Cancer Research Center, Heildelberg is not a valid source for you? Why?

When the "study" cited is nothing more than a press release, no I don't. What products were tested? How were they tested? What were the actual findings?

Alright, I clicked through to the actual report and gave it a quick read.

Personally, I'd assert that the health benefits (sec 3.3) are of greater importance to a current smoker considering switching than the carcinogens found in some e-cig liquids (sec. 3.1.4). While anecdotal evidence, on an individual basis, is of dubious scientific value. I know that when I switched to e-cigs, my breathing improved dramatically. The same is true for all of the other former-smokers I know who've switched.

I'll freely admit that the science is not yet there to say that e-cigs are harmless, but the data is pretty clear that they are much less harmful than traditional cigarettes, though the conclusions in the report quite pointedly avoid saying this. As I read it, the report refuses to admit this because of a very small number of people who had adverse reactions to constituent ingredients and because of inconsistencies in product quality. For the educated consumer, this should not be much of an issue. The industry is beginning to self-regulate, and everyone I know who uses one purchases their fluids from a reputable, USA-based liquid manufacturer.

At this point in time, I'd say it would be foolish for a non-smoker to take up vaping, but foolish for a current smoker not to switch to vaping.

Alright, I clicked through to the actual report and gave it a quick read.

Personally, I'd assert that the health benefits (sec 3.3) are of greater importance to a current smoker considering switching than the carcinogens found in some e-cig liquids (sec. 3.1.4). While anecdotal evidence, on an individual basis, is of dubious scientific value. I know that when I switched to e-cigs, my breathing improved dramatically. The same is true for all of the other former-smokers I know who've switched.

I'll freely admit that the science is not yet there to say that e-cigs are harmless, but the data is pretty clear that they are much less harmful than traditional cigarettes, though the conclusions in the report quite pointedly avoid saying this. As I read it, the report refuses to admit this because of a very small number of people who had adverse reactions to constituent ingredients and because of inconsistencies in product quality. For the educated consumer, this should not be much of an issue. The industry is beginning to self-regulate, and everyone I know who uses one purchases their fluids from a reputable, USA-based liquid manufacturer.

At this point in time, I'd say it would be foolish for a non-smoker to take up vaping, but foolish for a current smoker not to switch to vaping.

This pretty much sums up what is important in the article.

24% off at Smokeless Image with code fireworks24

Got that email this morning. Wish their stuff was compatible with my eGo batteries.

Got that email this morning. Wish their stuff was compatible with my eGo batteries.

I probably should buy something, but I don't really need anything.

Bought a Volcano Lava Tube after a miserable experience with Blu. Haven't had a cigarette in 2 months. I tried one after a week and it was gross. I'm done, now to quit this thing too.

Bought a Volcano Lava Tube after a miserable experience with Blu. Haven't had a cigarette in 2 months. I tried one after a week and it was gross. I'm done, now to quit this thing too.

Nice job!

Thanks to posts like this and the rest of this thread, I'm on my third order with SI.
Oh, and my last cigarette was on 6/20/13. . .

Way to go Keith! Nice thing about SI is the point system.

Just got in some more French Vanilla as well as a sample pack of some of Vaperite's tobacco flavors....tried the Chaibacco, it's meh.

Still without a cigarette since I got this X2 in. After a weekend on Fire Island drinking a bit more than usual, there were no cravings. I even turned an offered cigarette down.

Quit Cold Turkey a week ago.
My little girl told me to "quit being a little girl"
lol

Has anybody had any trouble with a clearo cutting out in high humidity outdoor settings? Twice now I've had mine knock off on league nights before the round even started. The batteries were charged and activating, but no joy from the coils. I took it home and let it rest, and it worked fine the next day.

Has anybody had any trouble with a clearo cutting out in high humidity outdoor settings? Twice now I've had mine knock off on league nights before the round even started. The batteries were charged and activating, but no joy from the coils. I took it home and let it rest, and it worked fine the next day.

Sorry for the late response. Just had my X2 outside for a lengthy period of time this past weekend for a 4th of July party. It was in my pocket while helping set things up in the heat and humidity and my two clearos that I brought with me worked perfectly the entire weekend.

Never had that happen Sharkman.

Does anybody have any experience with Volcano's kits? They have a store not too far from me and I was thinking about heading there and checking it out. There is also a local company, Vaper's Corner, www.vaperscorner.com that I can pick up kits for locally. Just curious if I should be considering this or just biting the bullet and ordering online? My biggest problem is that I've never used one for any extended period of time and am unsure where to start.

Thanks for any help!

I haven't heard anything good about Volcano Ryan.

Back