Need some help with 913F

DJH412

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought a 913F head with adapter. The adapter failed right at the bottom after 2 swings. I think it was over-heated in the pull, but whatever. So after 2 days of monkeying with it. I got the broken piece out with very little collateral damage. I want to make sure I didn't ruin anything on the inside of the hosel. Can someone, please, take a picture of the inside of their hosel without the shaft installed so I can make sure I didn't totally screw this up?

Thanks in advance.

-DJ

I bought a 913F head with adapter. The adapter failed right at the bottom after 2 swings. I think it was over-heated in the pull, but whatever. So after 2 days of monkeying with it. I got the broken piece out with very little collateral damage. I want to make sure I didn't ruin anything on the inside of the hosel. Can someone, please, take a picture of the inside of their hosel without the shaft installed so I can make sure I didn't totally screw this up?

Thanks in advance.

-DJ

If no one replies by tonight, I will snap a few pics when I get home and post them.

if you just bought it, i'm sure they'd let you return it.

Thanks Atom. And I can't return it. I traded for it on another forum. And the guy I traded wont answer PMs, emails or texts even. I didn't do anything but epoxy my shaft in it. On my second swing with it, it broke. I guess he thinks I'm trying to screw him over? Oh well, I got it apart after 2 days and just want to make sure all I need is another tip.

Take it to your local shop. They can send it off and titleist should fix free of charge regardless of where you bought it as long as it checks out, is legit, and not a counterfeit. That's the only danger you have. They may give pause with a home repair attempt, but should take care of you if it's legit.

Thanks in advance.

-DJ

Not sure if it will be the same thing, but I can either snap a picture of the inside of my 913h or my 910D2. I don't guess I am understanding what might be broken. Let me know if you want me to snap some pictures, and of what, and I'll get them posted for you.

My actual adapter broke about 1/2" up from the bottom inside the head. I managed to drill a hole in the broken adapter just enough to grab it with pliers and then unscrew it. I have it totally out and I can see the bottom of the hosel now. I just want to make sure I'm not missing a washer or anything.

After/Now

Here is the broken adapter that I somehow got out.

Here's my 913h and 910D2 hosels. If you do in fact need screws and washers, PM a guy named Oregon Jack on here. He had some he was trying to give away.

ruqu7asy.jpg

jubu2emu.jpg

Thanks Mr. Reed. Looks like I'm missing a rubber washer. I guess that's what holds the screw in place with no shaft installed.

Appears so. I'll Tweet Oregon Jack and see if he still has those of his to give away. If so, I'll have him check this thread out and see if he wouldn't mind hooking you up.

Appears so. I'll Tweet Oregon Jack and see if he still has those of his to give away. If so, I'll have him check this thread out and see if he wouldn't mind hooking you up.
Did someone say OJ?

DJH412, PM your way.

Back to you sir. Thanks for everyone's help. Mods you can lock this up unless people would like a tutorial on how to get a broken adapter out of a Titleist head.

Hope it's an easy fix, bro. Let us know if you have any issues. And let us know how the fix goes.

My father in law had a 910 D2 that the hosel broke inside the head, it was a loose piece inside the head you could hear rattle around, the shop sent it back to titleist and they either repaired or sent a replacement, sounds like a defect type thing.

Back to you sir. Thanks for everyone's help. Mods you can lock this up unless people would like a tutorial on how to get a broken adapter out of a Titleist head.
Package should be there by the end of the week.

Thanks again for everyone's help. Just have to find a new tip now.

Back