Rife Island Series Abaco Review

ImaBeRealReal

Reaction score
Handicap
Above Par
I didn't see much about these so I thought I'd share my findings after owning one for a month or so now. Here are a few in hand photos to show the "Phantom" finish which is gorgeous.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well what can I say the looks speak for themselves in my opinion. A flat bronze top line and back with a mirrored bottom, great looking putter no doubt.

The feel, this is the best feeling putter I've owned. Keep in mind I've not owned a Scotty Cameron yet but I have owned a few other milled face putters (Never Compromise, Ping Redwood, etc..) and nothing has come close. It may take a little getting used to, especially if you prefer a softer ball like I do, you may forget you're hitting the ball the first few strokes.

Performance was great as well. For me the extra toe weight helps a lot because that is my normal miss when I'm putting. The grooves that Rife loves to rave about work very well also. They really do get the ball rolling in a hurry and there is hardly any skip before it starts turning over. One thing I did have to get used to though was taking some steam off putts because with that earlier roll and lack of energy loss due to any sort of hopping or skipping the ball rolls a good 5-6 foot further than I had become accustomed to. After about 10 rounds with it in the bag though my putting has gotten so much better, due to the roll I can now focus less on speed and more on making a good stroke. I am confident that I won't leave it way too short with the extra roll I get from the grooves. In fact I had my first round ever last Friday without a 3 putt... :clapp:

These can be had for cheap around the web so if you're in the market, I'd consider it.

I didn't see much about these so I thought I'd share my findings after owning one for a month or so now. Here are a few in hand photos to show the "Phantom" finish which is gorgeous.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well what can I say the looks speak for themselves in my opinion. A flat bronze top line and back with a mirrored bottom, great looking putter no doubt.

The feel, this is the best feeling putter I've owned. Keep in mind I've not owned a Scotty Cameron yet but I have owned a few other milled face putters (Never Compromise, Ping Redwood, etc..) and nothing has come close. It may take a little getting used to, especially if you prefer a softer ball like I do, you may forget you're hitting the ball the first few strokes.

Performance was great as well. For me the extra toe weight helps a lot because that is my normal miss when I'm putting. The grooves that Rife loves to rave about work very well also. They really do get the ball rolling in a hurry and there is hardly any skip before it starts turning over. One thing I did have to get used to though was taking some steam off putts because with that earlier roll and lack of energy loss due to any sort of hopping or skipping the ball rolls a good 5-6 foot further than I had become accustomed to. After about 10 rounds with it in the bag though my putting has gotten so much better, due to the roll I can now focus less on speed and more on making a good stroke. I am confident that I won't leave it way too short with the extra roll I get from the grooves. In fact I had my first round ever last Friday without a 3 putt... :clapp:

These can be had for cheap around the web so if you're in the market, I'd consider it.

Thanks for this review. I have been wanting to try a Rife and this is one of the ones that I have had in mind.

Heel shafted mallet, love it! I had a really tough time resisting the Budget Golf deal on this, now it's going to be even tougher. Wouldn't mind trading some of the random crap I've got laying around for cash and trying one of these out.

Rife's island series are some beautiful putters, and are some real quality, far above the price you can get them for.

Thanks for the review, and I can say from personal experience, be mindful of the putter head anytime the cover is off. They are a very soft metal, and ding / dent rather easily

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Back