Sun Mountain Tour Series Club Glider Travel Bag Review

I had to come back a read this review after seeing the pic from JB on his trip back from CA. Also seeing in person in MB thanks to Jman. This is a serious travel bag. 13 lbs sounds heavy, leaving 37lbs to hit the magic cut off for most airlines. But that's pretty manageable with a carry on for the extras.

I had to come back a read this review after seeing the pic from JB on his trip back from CA. Also seeing in person in MB thanks to Jman. This is a serious travel bag. 13 lbs sounds heavy, leaving 37lbs to hit the magic cut off for most airlines. But that's pretty manageable with a carry on for the extras.
I was honestly worried about that when I traveled to Ocean City but I was surprised I didn't have any problems with the 50 lbs. I moved the golf balls to my carry on, but not sure that was necessary.

I had more problems with people wanting to check the bag out. ;-)

Badass. All I got to say!

aty7ebut.jpg

Hate to say we told you so....but told you so.

Hmm I'll be in the market after this weekend

I'll say it for the 1000th time.

Best travel bags, period.

I will be getting one when I get some funds together. My bag is on its last leg

I will be getting one when I get some funds together. My bag is on its last leg
You and mikedean should have a travel bag off and see which one is running on its last legs more

You and mikedean should have a travel bag off and see which one is running on its last legs more

I'm in, but fear I may win. Shoe pocket on front ripped off.. One strap ripped and fastner cracked tears and rips everywhere.

Winner gets a sun mountain #alien

I'm in, but fear I may win. Shoe pocket on front ripped off.. One strap ripped and fastner cracked tears and rips everywhere.

I think he is in the same boat.

Oh its on..

Hate to say we told you so....but told you so.

I never disagreed. Just waited a bit longer to pull the trigger. ;)

I've owned the Club Glider Journey for a couple of years. Great bag, durable, and fits a bunch -- typically, I carry a SM 3.5, Stiff Arm, clubs, balls, shoes, extra clothing, etc. I typically top out at 48 lbs with everything.

And it glides so easily. Some guys swear by The Last Bag, but I owned it, and the Club Gliders are far superior bags. The trick is finding a deal on them.

By far the best travel bag out there for ease of use.

I have the journey, and used it for the first time this weekend. Makes everything so much easier and I got stopped 3 times between getting my bag at the airport and getting in my car at the office parking lot with people asking where I got it.

Hopefully this gets more use as it is awesome.

I use the smaller version of this bag, but another trip down and another trip where I thanked myself for having this one. Just so much easier than anything else on the market.

After lugging my clubs around in the Ogio I am dropping the coin on the Glider. That is until I can afford a club sherpa and it wont matter anymore.

After lugging my clubs around in the Ogio I am dropping the coin on the Glider. That is until I can afford a club sherpa and it wont matter anymore.

I can confirm that the smaller one fits a stand bag well and still has room for shoes and a few other things.

I can confirm that the smaller one fits a stand bag well and still has room for shoes and a few other things.

Is there a difference in the materials used?

Is there a difference in the materials used?

Good question and I dont know. There is a definite difference in size. Mine will not fit much more than a cart bag. Stand bag fits really well. Then I add a pair of shoes and some other things and its packed well.

The Meridian uses Ballistic Nylon and the Tour Series uses Vinyl. The Tour series also has internal cinch straps and looks like it has more accessible side pockets. Wondering if the Tour Series is worth the extra 40.00 for those features.

The Meridian uses Ballistic Nylon and the Tour Series uses Vinyl. The Tour series also has internal cinch straps and looks like it has more accessible side pockets. Wondering if the Tour Series is worth the extra 40.00 for those features.

It might be.

I've gotten a staff bag with 28 clubs stuffed into the Meridian.....plenty of room for me and a fantastic product.

Back