The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Aldridge announced he's going to spurs

Spurs-Cavs in the Finals next year.

Looks like the Spurs are getting another title.

Really nice get for the Spurs and great move for LMA - he'll finally get the exposure / recognition he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Texas triangle gonna be rough to go through next few years for many.

Best division in sports gets better. SW is gonna be even more insane next year.

David West opts out of a $12.6 million dollar contract to go to San Antonio on a vet minimum contract? Ridiculous.

Good on him, I guess, if he gets a ring out of the deal.

David West opts out of a $12.6 million dollar contract to go to San Antonio on a vet minimum contract? Ridiculous.

Good on him, I guess, if he gets a ring out of the deal.

wow they got themselves some big men

Warriors have traded David Lee to the Celtics for Gerald Wallace. Warriors get a good bit of savings against the cap in this deal, and Lee wasn't playing big minutes for them anyways with the emergence of Draymond Green. Meanwhile, Lee is instantly the most talented offensive player on the Celtics and is their starting power forward. They still need a defensive presence at the center position to upgrade the defense (Kelly Olynyk isn't that guy), but now Sullinger can come off the bench and hopefully avoid injuries by playing less minutes. 2 years ago, this would have been a much bigger trade, but the Celtics really struggled at times last year to generate offense, so I like this trade. Now Danny Ainge needs to keep working to find defensive help at the center position and possibly use the surplus at the guard position to upgrade the team again.

Cavs brought back Mo Williams, deal was just over league minimum, I like it 14pts and 6 assists for dirt cheap

Cavs brought back Mo Williams, deal was just over league minimum, I like it 14pts and 6 assists for dirt cheap

I think when the dust settles, this will end up being a huge signing for them. Depth, a guy that can score when needed, and is a team guy.

I think when the dust settles, this will end up being a huge signing for them. Depth, a guy that can score when needed, and is a team guy.

yep, a true backup PG...defense is a little sketchy but that can be resolved by bringing back Deli

yep, a true backup PG...defense is a little sketchy but that can be resolved by bringing back Deli

The defense is sketchy, but then again, so is Kyrie. Its a spot of contention for them, and if they can provide decent team defense, it could work. I just wish their bigs played better D. This team is going to be VERY tough next year.

I like the Mo signing. A lot. It makes basketball sense. I just really hope we don't move a big plus the Haywood contract for Crawford. We need all of our bigs to stay and stay healthy to compete with the west

Lakers trading a second round pick for Roy Hibbert. They need a defensive presence in the middle, so that's good but I'm not sure what he's got left in the tank.

The good thing with Hibbert is that his atrocious contract is done after next year. He has never really been an amazing player, but I think he is still steady. Numbers-wise he's always been around 11p/7r per game with not many minutes and not much efficiency. I'm sure LA could expect more of the same.

The good thing with Hibbert is that his atrocious contract is done after next year. He has never really been an amazing player, but I think he is still steady. Numbers-wise he's always been around 11p/7r per game with not many minutes and not much efficiency. I'm sure LA could expect more of the same.
With all the young guys the Lakers will be playing and the ancient Kobe at the 3, they will need a serious defender at the rim. If he does that - and rebounds so the young guys can run out on O - then I think this will be a good addition.

Oh NBA, never change....

First of all, I don't think Jordan is a max player anyways. Dude is a great help defender, rebounder and shot blocker, and can dunk. That's about it though. But can't even play him at the end of close games he's so putrid from the line. Not sure how he even impacts the game on offense without a PG savant like CP3.

If Dallas is promising him a bigger role, that's just plain untruth. There is no bigger role or better fit than Jordan playing with an all time point guard. For that reason alone I hope he stays with the Clips. I think he instantly becomes a bad contract on the Mavs.

First of all, I don't think Jordan is a max player anyways. Dude is a great help defender, rebounder and shot blocker, and can dunk. That's about it though. But can't even play him at the end of close games he's so putrid from the line. Not sure how he even impacts the game on offense without a PG savant like CP3.

If Dallas is promising him a bigger role, that's just plain untruth. There is no bigger role or better fit than Jordan playing with an all time point guard. For that reason alone I hope he stays with the Clips. I think he instantly becomes a bad contract on the Mavs.

Didn't you hear? Everyone is a max player now.

Didn't you hear? Everyone is a max player now.

It's insanity. 5 and 80 for Reggie Jackson, who may or may not be good at basketball as one example.

It's insanity. 5 and 80 for Reggie Jackson, who may or may not be good at basketball as one example.

Agreed and next year it will be even worse, its why I believe some times are willing to take chances now.
I still hate the ole "I swear I want to be here, but opting out each year to get mine".

Just make every single contract a single year and move on already. Guaranteed is garbage, the caps are not caps, etc. No player nor team has any loyalty at all. Just make them all single year deals, give everybody a hard cap and move on.

Back