What golf stuff did you learn today?

It is stupidly absurd how much better I play when there is something on the line. Whether that be a tournament, a THP event, etc.

I simply lack the focus to play good golf in just a casual fun ground.

Maybe I need to do some sort of personal challenge during those rounds to keep my head in the right place.

Same here. I play so much more focused when it means something

It is stupidly absurd how much better I play when there is something on the line. Whether that be a tournament, a THP event, etc.

Maybe I need to do some sort of personal challenge during those rounds to keep my head in the right place.

You just need me to come down for golf more often

I'm in this boat to. Even if it's just a friendly match play for bragging rights I play much better with something on the line.

I learned that my hands were too low coming through the ball and that was causing severe hooks. I also learned that learning to hit a hook has inflated my scoring avg lately. My old weak push slice was a much more manageable miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trust the swing, like the tempo. Has me playing with a ton of confidence. Feels great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I learned that no matter how hard I try, how many things I change, how much I practice or how many drivers I buy I will always fall into the same damn miss when I lose focus for a split second.
This winter that ends.

You are gonna be bloody deadly once you take the boots to that duck hook once and for all.

I learned that I can deny it all I want, but the fact of the matter is that my short game and bunker play is holding me back from my single digit goal. This offseason, I'm gonna fix it ass best I can.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I learned that I should be 50 yards longer with my SLDR. I guess i suck

I learned that hitting my driver in the center of the club face produces the results that I need and is a big confidence boost.

Also a better launch angle will get more distance.

That nobody haves more fun than my daughter on the course. Nothing like a 9 year old excited to hole a 15 foot putt for triple bogey to make me remember that it's just a game. She did a one handed cartwheel to celebrate.

That nobody haves more fun than my daughter on the course. Nothing like a 9 year old excited to hole a 15 foot putt for triple bogey to make me remember that it's just a game. She did a one handed cartwheel to celebrate.

That's just awesome buddy.

That I am growing mentally as a golfer, shaking off bad holes.

Im so effing proud of where you are, CJ. Remember what I told you in Vegas,..

You'd be more so if you'd played with him in West Palm. I told him, and meant it, it's clear the work he has put in, and the passion he has to improve just makes me smile.

That I am growing mentally as a golfer, shaking off bad holes.

You have such a great mentality! Get that tee game straightened out and you'll be golden. There's this guy...Freddie something or another. Goes by the name "Panda". You should bend his ear on ways to improve. He's helped a ton of THPers mentally and mechanically to be better...all through video and his Florida witchcraft.

I learned today that a 48 on the front side is ok when you shoot 38 on the back. I also reinforced the idea that playing with golfers who are good people makes golf more fun. In the last 9 months I've golfed with so many THPers and every time it's just a blast.

After talking with my old swing coach through messages, I've realized how much my shoulders have to do with controlling the swing path. He said I need to bring my arms down to the ball instead of turning my shoulders out to the target too soon. I've had a terrible case of the pulls with my driver the last two rounds out. I watched a few videos and I now have a better understanding of what I am doing wrong. Hope to have it fixed tomorrow. The driver is usually the best part of my game but it gets crazy now and then.

I learned that I should be 50 yards longer with my SLDR. I guess i suck

This made me laugh...I learned that I suck at hitting the SLDR. Less forgiveness is less fun for me.

I learned that proper spine angle plays a huge role in good ball striking.

I learned (a couple of days ago actually) that THP has taught me more than I could ever possibly have learned on my own about the game of golf. Was playing in a scramble with several individuals and this guy was raving about his "new driver". Turns out it was the SLDR Mini and he's talking as if this thing just arrived on the shelves. Obviously it's new to him, but I had to just chuckle and think "Sheesh, I knew about these things months ago."

I learned that if a branch falls out of a tree, and a squirrel is on it, the squirrel comes down with it. Hes playing it cool like nothing happened.

On a more golf related note, I also am working on a more traditional putting stroke, less Wie like. So i learned the proper set up for that.

~Rock

I was reminded to place the majority of my weight on my front leg while chipping. Also to allow my shoulders to turn towards the target as I'm hitting my shot.

Just swing. It's there.

Taking a month off doesn't magically fix your driver swing. :banghead:

Serious note- if I remember what I'm suppose to do and put a solid swing on the ball I can still strike it well and I still got touch around the greens

Back