What golf stuff did you learn today?

Are you saying use bounce on pitch shots or out of the sand?

The original reason I was looking into it was to help get out of the sand, but I was practicing it on carpet and it was working pretty well, so why not use it on grass, or at least try it?

The original reason I was looking into it was to help get out of the sand, but I was practicing it on carpet and it was working pretty well, so why not use it on grass, or at least try it?

Ahhh gotcha makes more sense now.

Well if you need any help with sand work give me a call.

The iOS reminders app is a great tool for keeping touch points in one place. I have a card for each club type am dome for swing basics. Just being able to glance at those helps me so much.

I learned playing with better golfers is good for me. I played with a guy that shoots in the low 70's yesterday, at first I was a little nervous but he had such a smooth tempo it helped me slow my swing just watching him. I realized you don't have to swing so fast to hit it far.

Two things today.
1) Don't be afraid to bag your driver if it just isn't behaving. I put mine back in the head cover after 8 and ended up striping 3W all day long after that. I don't think it affected my score at all, honestly. If I did have a long shot in on the second, and came up short, I just chipped up and 1-putted for par.
2) Trust your practice. I was dead on the money on every wedge shot inside 100 except for that ONE that I got nervous on and tried to finesse. When just walking up, studying for a second, and hitting the ball, all the practice shots kicked in and it just 'happened'.
I feel good about my short game inside a month from the Gauntlet.

I can actually hit a 3 iron off the deck pretty decently.

I learned playing with better golfers is good for me. I played with a guy that shoots in the low 70's yesterday, at first I was a little nervous but he had such a smooth tempo it helped me slow my swing just watching him. I realized you don't have to swing so fast to hit it far.

This is my aim for the range today - fingers crossed!

I learned from looking at recent pics of the swing that I still have a move that doesn't hold up under pressure in big events, everything I worked on went by the wayside in Myrtle. Time to really blow it all up and get with Ally on a bi weekly basis and do this right.

I learned from looking at recent pics of the swing that I still have a move that doesn't hold up under pressure in big events, everything I worked on went by the wayside in Myrtle. Time to really blow it all up and get with Ally on a bi weekly basis and do this right.

I will dispute that notion. Your swing was fine and is fine. It's all in your head bro. Get some good books, maybe sign up for lumosity (brain games), learn some mental exercises but it's not your swing.

The best players in the world make bad swings. So if they have three a round we should have twice or three times as many.

I will dispute that notion. Your swing was fine and is fine. It's all in your head bro. Get some good books, maybe sign up for lumosity (brain games), learn some mental exercises but it's not your swing.

The best players in the world make bad swings. So if they have three a round we should have twice or three times as many.

I hear what you're saying buddy but I had the wrist back to normal for months and was hitting some great shots with controllable trajectory, there I was hinging the wrist again and the left side came back into play. Maybe the head is the problem and I need to work on handling pressure shots better. Thanks Freddie.

I hear what you're saying buddy but I had the wrist back to normal for months and was hitting some great shots with controllable trajectory, there I was hinging the wrist again and the left side came back into play. Maybe the head is the problem and I need to work on handling pressure shots better. Thanks Freddie.

Focused on the end result rather than keeping in the now to achieve the goal. Sounds like Freddie is on it

I learned yesterday that I can hit the ball flight I want if I overcompensate for it. I need to strengthen my grip, back foot back and swing out to first but it works. And if I do that every time, I can eliminate my two way miss

That half a bucket of balls before a round focusing on hitting through smoothly makes the world of difference.

On the flipside, also learnt that I need to practise my putting much more from 6-10 feet :sad:

I learned yesterday that I can hit the ball flight I want if I overcompensate for it. I need to strengthen my grip, back foot back and swing out to first but it works. And if I do that every time, I can eliminate my two way miss

There is a bigger issue at play here and this fix will come back to haunt you. Be careful

I learned that I'm going to start sending Panda more swing video.

Truth.

I learned that I need to take my time around the greens. Doing a pre-shot routine that gets my hands on the putter the proper way every time is crucial. I must visualize the chip/pitch then take some practice swings to feel that shot before hitting the ball.

I learned that I need to take my time around the greens. Doing a pre-shot routine that gets my hands on the putter the proper way every time is crucial. I must visualize the chip/pitch then take some practice swings to feel that shot before hitting the ball.
This is huge IMO. Before a chip I want to brush the ground perfect twice and then proceed straight into the swing with zero time in between.

There is a bigger issue at play here and this fix will come back to haunt you. Be careful

I know the bigger issue. I come over the top way too much. But honestly, I don't have the opportunity to play as much as I would like to these days with the new baby so while I'm out now it's quick fixes and band aids until I have more free time to really work on my swing

I know the bigger issue. I come over the top way too much. But honestly, I don't have the opportunity to play as much as I would like to these days with the new baby so while I'm out now it's quick fixes and band aids until I have more free time to really work on my swing

Pull the hand down to the right hip on the down swing as you engage your hips.

I learned today that I actually can score despite not having my best game.

I learned that even though I attempt to have good technique, that guys that play once a year or have no clue how to play golf, can easily hit the same club 20 yards past me.

I really need a lesson to figure out what is holding me back.

Back