2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently on a foam roller. I'm THPing so I don't start crying

On to some hanging decompression.

Feels less like hell than foam rollers

Did a boxing class at 5:45 this morning felt good to get back to the gym. Hope to go lift tomorrow morning

Did a boxing class at 5:45 this morning felt good to get back to the gym. Hope to go lift tomorrow morning
Definitely see how sore you are tomorrow. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Definitely see how sore you are tomorrow. :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pretty sore! It's been a few weeks since the last class I did so I was expecting it.

I finally got back under the bar and squared tonight. Not heavy. I did three sets of 2 reps. Did some light deadlifts. I closed with some soft tissue work, decompression hangs and foam rolling.

Good lesson on the squats. For any THPer using free weights to get stronger, squats should be a part of your program. Some sort of squat variation, they are a great movement for building balance, strength, and bone density.

Here is a video of my squats on 6/8.
[video=youtube;QYkUw-c3ynI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYkUw-c3ynI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

On my first rep I was anticipating depth, when the hips get below the knees. I missed that depth and was shallow. When that depth is hit, the body's musculature engages a stretch reflex which will snap the hips up. My second rep here meets that depth. Notice how much faster my second rep is compared to my first. That's why hitting depth when squatting is key. It's very important to feel proper depth, not anticipate it.

Last edited:
Quads and hips are sore today. I missed this feeling.

I needed a workout reset, so I'm doing the doyouyoga.com 30 day men's yoga class. It's pretty fast paced and at around ten minutes a day, fits in perfectly.

Good lesson on the squats. For any THPer using free weights to get stronger, squats should be a part of your program. Some sort of squat variation, they are a great movement for building balance, strength, and bone density.

Here is a video of my squats on 6/8.
[video=youtube;QYkUw-c3ynI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYkUw-c3ynI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

On my first rep I was anticipating depth, when the hips get below the knees. I missed that depth and was shallow. When that depth is hit, the body's musculature engages a stretch reflex which will snap the hips up. My second rep here meets that depth. Notice how much faster my second rep is compared to my first. That's why hitting depth when squatting is key. It's very important to feel proper depth, not anticipate it.

Your head is just a smidddddddddge too low imo. It kinda gets inline with the spine at the bottom but isn't straight the rest of the way. Raise chin like an inch.

Squats.png

Your head is just a smidddddddddge too low imo. It kinda gets inline with the spine at the bottom but isn't straight the rest of the way. Raise chin like an inch.

Squats.png
I usually just try to focus on the baseboard. I have tendency to lift my head when squating. I haven't brought out the tennis ball in a long time. It might be time. Last night was my first night squatting in 6 weeks.

I PRed on the bench last night. Did some chins. Foamrolled. Feeling good

Did today's workout outside in the 92 but felt like 98 with the humidity. I was 172.6 before the 25 minutes workout and 171.2 after. Here was the workout, I used a resistance band and did everything till exhaustion. 3 Rounds with 1 minute break between rounds.

A: Warmup 1 mile run 8:55 pace

B: Pushups, bicep curls, lat rows, mountain climbers, tricep extensiton, single arm side delts, 2 full football field sprints 30 seconds in between sprints.

C: Toe to bar straight leg raises, hanging bent knee side binds, dips, .5 mile cool down 5 minute pace.

Lots of sweating right there

Can't stop laughing
70f10f280efd72e6666dc33cb135d8ba.jpg

It should be obvious, I am a fan of Mark Rippetoe. I love this excerpt from this article

http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/0...e-mainstream-media/?singlepage=true#undefined

Take the example of*a piece published at CBS Sports this past Saturday, where we learn that basketball is not really a strength-dependent sport. The story is about the “insane strength” in the possession of Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, 27 years old and 190 pounds at 6’3”. Curry*is apparently capable of a 400-pound trap-bar deadlift.

Despite the fact that Texas high schools are home to dozens of teenage girls capable of this feat, the team’s director of athletic performance, Keke Lyles, slobbers with excitement:

He’s probably 10 times stronger than what people think.

Apparently people think this particular professional athlete is only capable of deadlifting 40 pounds.*I have a 92-year-old lady in my gym that deadlifts more than this.

Gus1.jpg

He continues:

We knew he was strong, but when he started pushing that kind of weight, I was like, “This guy is just a freak.

A young professional athlete who “deadlifts” a little over twice his bodyweight is a freak to a professional director of athletic performance.

Good session last night. Presses and power cleans.

Saw a number under 200 pounds on the scale this morning for the first time in 5 years since my last season of college lacrosse. I'm sure the structure fire I caught last night on shift helped get the water weight down for me to get that low weight wise for a day. Feels good knowing those numbers are possible but I'll probably still hover between 203 and 205 for a while still, it's a comfortable weight

Just got done doing a core workout in the basement. Also got my new protein powder in tonight. I got Carnivor, which my buddy at work who he uses and he loves it. I don't think it taste terrible but has a coffee kind of taste i don't like. Going to see if it helps me out at all.

I stepped in the scale for the first time since a doc made me do it three weeks ago. Using a FitBit and MyFitnessPal I have managed to lose 8.7 pounds in that time period. 20 lbs is my minimum goal and 30 would make me very, very happy. I just got a treadmill last week so I can add a couple of days of walking during the week. Will start that this week.

Everyday is leg day. Let's. Do. Some. Squats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back