2015 Masters Contest & Official THP Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

I've got Spieth, Bubba, Rory, and Kuchar.
Well, that's about 1000% better than my fourth pick. I also had Kuch, Bubba and Rory, but had Adam Scott fourth.

I can't remember in recent years when we have had all the heavy hitters at the top..every story line in the final 4 groups

Who ever heard of a "unisex baby shower", glad I'm an old man. I'll be watching the Masters.

Golf at 11:50 Central time, then the masters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that haven't seen the pin placements.

690c3919ff9f8339a055168a025d9d96.jpg

Some of the pins as expected. Would love to see them have dried up the greens just a tiny bit.

Some of the pins as expected. Would love to see them have dried up the greens just a tiny bit.
The number outside the box to the left with the arrow over it? Is that depth of the green? And what is the green box thing to the right of each green.

Just watched the Spieth interview. Man I like that kid even more. I can't believe he's only 21 the way he answers some of those questions and his attitude. Will be rooting for him for a long time to come.

Playing 18 at my favorite course, then it's recliner, pizza and Masters allllll day. Gotta be honest, I'm pulling for Jordan to hang on today!

How can Spieth possibly get it done with PX 6.0. I mean that flex is called whippy on THP. :angel:

How can Spieth possibly get it done with PX 6.0. I mean that flex is called whippy on THP. :angel:
Well he doesn't hit the ball as far as us on the internet

Hahaha. Smooth transistion...something many of us know nothing about hahaha

Probably wouldn't have flared it right if he had 6.5's. Or something.

The number outside the box to the left with the arrow over it? Is that depth of the green? And what is the green box thing to the right of each green.

The box out to the side indicates the tee location on the tee box for that day. For example up, middle or back tee.

Last edited:
Plus those AP2's are GI irons, he must be an amateur. :alien:

He sure makes those AP2s look good. I like the Rogue Black he's got in the driver too.
I thought you might hehe. Pretty cool when the Masters leader has almost your exact driver setup

Honest question.... I absolutely love everything about Speiths game and think he is phenomenal, on the flip side though a lot has come out this week about the course not having the fire and the chipping areas being easier to chip from. If he does break the scoring record today or gets to the lowest total ever in a major does the "easiness" of the course take anything off the achievements? Do you feel that this is still incredible what he is doing? I feel more towards #2 as if it was so easy there would still be a lot of scores

Honest question.... I absolutely love everything about Speiths game and think he is phenomenal, on the flip side though a lot has come out this week about the course not having the fire and the chipping areas being easier to chip from. If he does break the scoring record today or gets to the lowest total ever in a major does the "easiness" of the course take anything off the achievements? Do you feel that this is still incredible what he is doing? I feel more towards #2 as if it was so easy there would still be a lot of scores

I disagree with the course playing easy, the cut was +2. I do think they softened the course a bit Saturday to allow for more scores to be shot to try and close the gap a bit, because a runaway finish doesn't really lead to high TV ratings.

This is shaping up to be an awesome final round. Rooting for the kid, but I would love to see it go to a playoff. Tiger and Rory are coming on strong, Phil is in the mix. Should be a good finish!

I disagree with the course playing easy, the cut was +2.

To be fair, in 2013 they changed the cut rule, so looking at history is a bit different as its now low 50 plus ties. To put it in perspective though, I believe the cut line last year at the Masters was +5, so even if you are using that as the guideline, the course is playing 3 shots easier. If you go back to 2013, when the rule changed, the cut line was once again at +5.

Back