What part of your game causes you to give up the most strokes?

Absolutely off the tee. Tough to recover from a lost ball or OB. Plus, hitting out of the desert does not generally lead to low numbers or balls on the green in regulation.

My sand game is what gives me the most fits when it comes to strokes. I try to avoid sand at all costs. As long as that happens I can keep my scores in the high 70s

Off the tee for me is my biggest trouble. Gotta get that in check this year.

Second shot for me! Lack of distance causes me to force it. The fix? Move up a tee. 2015 is the year I'm gonna do it!

JM

Tee ball for sure it costs me the most strokes through penalties and through lost stroke due to bad positioning for my second.

Next up is mental and that revolves around me not staying committed to the shot in front of me.

Ball striking and short game. If I'm hitting the ball half way decent I can play decent golf and would be better if I had a more consistent shirt game. This past year was the first I starting trying to develop a technique with my instructor to get me a better short game. With school and work I end up not getting as much time playing so I tend to fall into bad habits if i don't hit balls at the range at least once a week I start losing the swing.

My my striking problems come from tempo being out if whack. Working in that for this yearthis year

Distance or lack thereof it, I never do enough over the winter to keep my swing speed up, so it suffers to begin the year.

Short game/putting. Bad chips, 3 putts. Biggest opportunity to reduce strokes is improving in these areas.

The one with a club in my hands. Have never had all facets of the shots come together very well and can usually keep moving forward. Everything is blown out of proportion if I can't get that club between the ears on track.

It's actually comical how dependent I am on my tee game. When it's off not only am I incapable of getting off the tee but I have zero confidence or ability to grind in the rest of my game. When it's on I feel like I could take on the world, every shot feels like a wedge shot, every 10 footer feels like 4'.

100 yards and in

While putting isn't the strongest part of my game it's chipping and pitching around the green where I lose the most strokes. I just don't get the ball close enough to the hole to get a nice up and down. I can't put that much pressure on my putter to save me from 15 after a chip.

Definitely short game.

Shorter 1st putts = better scoring chances. If I miss a green, I need that first putt to be even shorter.

Under 100 yards for me. And that's come with just not playing enough last year. Hopefully that's a different story this coming season

Depends on the day, but off the tee is where I lose a lot of strokes.

Without a doubt I need more GIR. It's going to be my focus for 2015.

Off the tee. I end up in the woods too often on tight courses. I also get in trouble from 60-70 yards.

Short game from 50/60 yards in. This includes short pitches, chips and sand. Not sure what I'm going to do to fix it except practice.

I feel like it's tee shots with my driver or 3 wood, but my scrambling is 3% across all of my rounds. So I typically give up 15-20 strokes across my short game and roughly 12-18 off the tee (including penalty strokes).

So so while it sounds like the short game edges out the tee games in most strokes lost, I feel like it should be broke down into subgroups - 100-25 yard shots, pitching/chipping, and putting. Each accounts for a few of those 15-20 strokes lost. And I can't help but think some of those strokes would go away if I got myself into decent positions off the tee more often. Especially on par 4's where it is often the difference between a longer iron and a wedge.

2nd shots/ball striking. Tee shots don't normally hurt me to bad. I have issues with my iron play with they just go offline or I hit them very fat. I hit around 2-3 greens a round.

If I could put a little better then the iron play wouldn't hurt me to bad. But I average 2 putts a hole so it i could hit more greens in regulation then I would turn those bogeys/doubles to pars

It's a toss up between Tee Box and the green. Both improved this year but if I can get off the tee, I will shoot around my handicap.

I'm sure statistically I lose more strokes due to putting...but I rarely have to look for my ball after putting. :act-up:

Usually it's the tee box. If I don't warm up properly then my tempo is off and I struggle for a few holes getting it together. It's something I need to fix for 2015.

L putting game.... the lag and mid length putts on a day ehen hitting irons and woods good they just kill me

My weak area has to be more to the short game / putting . The putting is coming around and getting better , however leaving myself 20 footers after chipping from around the greens doesn't help either.

Back