The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. We need to find out if the cancer has spread to his spleen or other organs. Once we know that we can decide how to treat it. It will also help us determine if we take a risk in removing this tumor by having surgery and giving him anesthesia or if we skip that risk and just leave the tumor and treat it a different way. Because he has sever heart disease and lung disease, he is not a normal case and the risks are much higher.

I understand, thanks for the info. Hope you get the best news possible.

Projectile vomiting. And I'm not talking about the baby.

I feel like death, the hair on my arms actually hurts. Having to send the doc and Charlotte to her moms. Not happy.

Get well, man.

Yes. We need to find out if the cancer has spread to his spleen or other organs. Once we know that we can decide how to treat it. It will also help us determine if we take a risk in removing this tumor by having surgery and giving him anesthesia or if we skip that risk and just leave the tumor and treat it a different way. Because he has sever heart disease and lung disease, he is not a normal case and the risks are much higher.

Definitely thinking about you guys

Impressed you remembered at all.

And she definitely can be mean when she is having a bad day. A lot of what he is going through is similar to alzheimers, but the doctors think it is all based on all of his different medications.

It's amazing how medications can effect us, but also help us at the same time.

I was actually just reading about this a bit yesterday for work. Some hospitals/countries (I forget where the conference talk focused on) are starting to look at senior citizens who come in for treatment and completely review their prescriptions. They found that in a lot of cases, medications were being prescribed for side effects of other medications, and they were able to reduce the number of prescriptions a lot of the seniors were on.

sorry I missed this news yesterday. I know it's going to be a tough way to go for the little guy. But he, ellie, you and JB are in all our thoughts.

I was actually just reading about this a bit yesterday for work. Some hospitals/countries (I forget where the conference talk focused on) are starting to look at senior citizens who come in for treatment and completely review their prescriptions. They found that in a lot of cases, medications were being prescribed for side effects of other medications, and they were able to reduce the number of prescriptions a lot of the seniors were on.
It's pathetic how bad some doctors screw up medicine. Last year my grandmother kept getting dizzy and falling, she went to her doctor multiple times about the problem and he prescribed medication for it but she kept falling. Finally she fell and ended up in the emergency room, and as soon as the emergency room doc looked at her prescriptions he immediately said two of the medications on there would make anybody dizzy if taken together, and one of thr medications was superfluous to another.

Ugh my gramma is back in the hospital. My aunt thought she was having a stroke but it turns out she just fell again. She is 92 and having a hard time walking and remembering things. She lives with my aunt currently in Rochester but the decision has been made to move her to a skilled care facility. Luckily we were able to get her a bed at the same place her 2 sisters live. We're waiting on her BP to go back up and heart rate to go down before they move her.

My daughter and I faced timed with her in the hospital last evening. It melts my heart to watch Sophie blow her kisses, hug/kiss the iPad and tell her she loves her. She's only met her a few times but she knows she's important to her. The conversation usually goes..... Me- "hi gramma". Her - "where's the baby?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...The conversation usually goes..... Me- "hi gramma". Her - "where's the baby?"

Grandmas are all about the babies :) Hope she bounces back.

Ugh my gramma is back in the hospital. My aunt thought she was having a stroke but it turns out she just fell again. She is 92 and having a hard time walking and remembering things. She lives with my aunt currently in Rochester but the decision has been made to move her to a skilled care facility. Luckily we were able to get her a bed at the same place her 2 sisters live. We're waiting on her BP to go back up and heart rate to go down before they move her.

My daughter and I faced timed with her in the hospital last evening. It melts my heart to watch Sophie blow her kisses, hug/kiss the iPad and tell her she loves her. She's only met her a few times but she knows she's important to her. The conversation usually goes..... Me- "hi gramma". Her - "where's the baby?"

hope she recovers quickly. grams are the best, gotta enjoy them when we have them...my moms parents died in 94 and my dads mom in 2009...

It's pathetic how bad some doctors screw up medicine. Last year my grandmother kept getting dizzy and falling, she went to her doctor multiple times about the problem and he prescribed medication for it but she kept falling. Finally she fell and ended up in the emergency room, and as soon as the emergency room doc looked at her prescriptions he immediately said two of the medications on there would make anybody dizzy if taken together, and one of thr medications was superfluous to another.

Totally agree Wake! I thoroughly review any med I am given. The days of just trusting the doc and what you are given is over. Because of the way this health care system has become, so many good Docs have left, and many who would be good Doctors aren't going into it. And even the good ones have to see so many patients, worry about paperwork, etc, you know mistakes are going to happen. Then you have all the pressure from the pharmaceutical companies.. I have a friend, and also a family member, who are Doctors, and they echoed this. I think the individual needs to take charge of his healthcare as much as he can.

Really hope all this works out Morgan - my thoughts are with you guys.

Minor rant compared to most but I am training someone in at work and it is preventing from staying up to date in The Grandaddy thread.

Damn weather man said no rain til this afternoon. So I got up an hour and half early, got ready to head to the driving range before work, walk outside and it's raining:angry:

If you're e-mail is down and you won't give me your fax number (yes, some people still use fax) how exactly do you want me to get you the information you need and the form you need to sign?

If you're e-mail is down and you won't give me your fax number (yes, some people still use fax) how exactly do you want me to get you the information you need and the form you need to sign?
I think you can still send it by horseback

Some days life really smacks you in the face.

The oncologist said Duke should be ready between 3 and 4, so I called now hoping he was done and they said he was just going in now for his ultrasound and it will be another hour or so. Ugh, I can't take this waiting! I just want to go get him. And I want him to be ok, I am so scared something is going to happen with his heart while he is getting his tests done.

That little fella is in our thoughts and prayers, Ellie too. I know you guys are hurting right now and it's just hard to watch it all happen to you four. Sometimes things just suck for no good reason.

Sorry GG and JB. Hope he gets better soon!

Sorry to read about that JB & GG.

Minor rant....I just cracked the face of my Bertha 3W.

I am the biggest dumba** ever!

I locked myself out of the house walking Ellie. Now I standing in my garage looking at duke through a cat door but can't get to him.

Locksmith should be here in 20 minutes.

I am the biggest dumba** ever!

I locked myself out of the house walking Ellie. Now I standing in my garage looking at duke through a cat door but can't get to him.

Locksmith should be here in 20 minutes.

Whoops....at least you had your phone with you right?

Thank goodness for that. I normally don't take my phone but when Josh is out of town I do.

Go figure I had the handyman here yesterday to fix the lock. Guess what, it works.

a working lock is a good thing right? there is always a silver lining

Thank goodness for that. I normally don't take my phone but when Josh is out of town I do.

Go figure I had the handyman here yesterday to fix the lock. Guess what, it works.

congrats?

Im sensing a keypad for your garage door in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back